PDA

View Full Version : crappie help dirty water?

moparferlife
07-13-2013, 10:54 AM
So there two local lakes that have crappie and blugill in them. I see them poping up in the morning all over the place. I think they are eating insect on the top. But for the life of me I cant seem to catch anything. Ive tried tube jigs on a bobber tiny piece's of worm and rooster tails amd panther martins. I think its cause the lake is I really green and visibility is only a couple of inches. What else should I try? Anytips for fishimg dirty water. Also there are bass to but havent attempted for them yet so ay tips for them to?

Heres a pick of a lil bullhead I kept catching and you can see the water color.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu130/moparferlife/20130712_103554.jpg

Fishbreath
07-13-2013, 01:36 PM
If you look at crappie's eyes, you can see that they are made for nighttime and low-light feeding, so try late evenings, early mornings, and even at night if you have access. Sometimes crappie will hit larger lures, but for numbers you will be better off with smaller sizes. If the visibility is limited, try something that gives off a little more vibration and flash than the tube jigs. I would go with a 1/32 or 1/16 oz Roadrunner pinned with a 1 1/2" curly tail grub. If you prefer, you can use those safety pin spinners with the small jigs. Use a crappie nibble with either so you get a scent trail for them to follow. In the summertime crappie tend to move around the lake in schools often suspended mid depth, which can make them a difficult target for shore fishermen, but if you are seeing them then they must be accessible. Good luck.
Fishing tales told here - some true.
The best of Fishbreath. (http://s202.beta.photobucket.com/user/Fishbreath92028/story/2315#)

moparferlife
07-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Thx man for the info. Very helpful
Gonna go out on my kayak tonight and give it a try. Would spinner baits be go lure for bass in the same water conditions?

castle
07-14-2013, 06:57 PM
I was also going to suggest a mealworm on a no. 10 hook or a jig.

crappiemike
07-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Fishbreath had some good points
Right there,, try right when the
Sun goes down jig under a bobber
At different depths... How deep is
That lake??

Cm

moparferlife
07-15-2013, 05:21 AM
Fishbreath had some good points
Right there,, try right when the
Sun goes down jig under a bobber
At different depths... How deep is
That lake??

Cm

Took out the kayak out last night for nothing. The lake only seem to be 10-12ft deep max
Most of it is around 7ft and gets really shallow around most of the shore.
Maybe they arent crappie but blueggill?
I had a jig on a bobber with a crappie nibble and the kept hitting the top water all around it but wouldnt take it.
Also tried a lil curly grub jig with a spinner on it to.

SpinnerBaitKing
07-15-2013, 01:35 PM
I would say, "Match the Hatch". Fish a fly. You can always put a floating fly on a bobber; allow a 6 foot leader and slowly reel. You might just figure it out. By the way, where is this lake?

I*B*CATCHIN
07-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Did the bullhead think you were a dentist .....looks like he was saying aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

moparferlife
07-15-2013, 02:16 PM
I would say, "Match the Hatch". Fish a fly. You can always put a floating fly on a bobber; allow a 6 foot leader and slowly reel. You might just figure it out. By the way, where is this lake?

Its lake hughes.
Its not a nasty as lake Elizabeth and I hear it still has bass. Ordered some night time lures to hit it a night with my kayak for the bass.

moparferlife
07-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Did the bullhead think you were a dentist .....looks like he was saying aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yea lol he dose
I kept gettig those lil guys all day on my bobber for blue gill.

I*B*CATCHIN
07-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Would love to get one for the tank ...my channel needs a friend , he wants to eat my common carp & mosquito fish
Yea lol he dose
I kept gettig those lil guys all day on my bobber for blue gill.