PDA

View Full Version : Gonna fish San Onofre

Jbfish
07-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Gonna fish San Onofre with a few buddies on Thursday. Gonna dropper loop rig it with probably (shrimp, Squid, or mussels).... Just a quick question! Anybody have a report on what is working there at San Onofre? And I know I can buy fresh shrimp and squid but what about mussels. Where can I get those? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys, and girls! *JBfish*

zzzfish
07-09-2013, 03:00 PM
You can get fresh mussels right off of the beach. Go during low/med tide (find trail 2). Mussel works really well there. Squid also work pretty well too.

Good luck and post up a report.

Gonna fish San Onofre with a few buddies on Thursday. Gonna dropper loop rig it with probably (shrimp, Squid, or mussels).... Just a quick question! Anybody have a report on what is working there at San Onofre? And I know I can buy fresh shrimp and squid but what about mussels. Where can I get those? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys, and girls! *JBfish*

RickTee
07-23-2013, 09:26 AM
I was down there yesterday. Offshore, fresh squid were hitting really well. Have fun- the fish have been really active the last week. Heading out to Catalina for a 5-5 tomorrow. Hope the trend continues :Smile:

You can get fresh mussels right off of the beach. Go during low/med tide (find trail 2). Mussel works really well there. Squid also work pretty well too.

Good luck and post up a report.