PDA

View Full Version : DVL Pig PB (-1) sunday the 7th

sleepinwiththefishies
07-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Well i always like to post my reports on here because i always as for help before fishing the jewel since i do it so rarely, as i am in san diego. However the bit was ok. We had only gotten 3 fish on the boat by noon and it was scorching and if i was not on the Bass taxi, and had to go all the way home we would have probably left. But FORTUNATELY that was not an option, so we fished hard and got very very sunburnt.

I started the day throwing a blade for nothing obviously followed that up with a variety of texas rigged plastics for nothing, i finally through on a bass assasin and got a small two pounder at around 830

Nothing till 12 and then started to pick away after found a pattern, we were throwing Fat Ika weightless in about 15-20 feet of water. had around 10 on the boat when i got the best feeling int he world setting the hook and it immediately almost rips the rod out of your hand. Second biggest bass i have ever caught went 8.4 on the digi

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv213/salvatoretocco18/IMG_0320_zps4446175a.jpg (http://s685.photobucket.com/user/salvatoretocco18/media/IMG_0320_zps4446175a.jpg.html)

Pretty awesome we actually got it on go pro so i will post it when i got it......just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for the help making the trip to DVL worth it one more time. ended the day with 22 bass.

AlanPeters
07-08-2013, 10:20 PM
What color Fat Ika were you using. Thank You.

prankster13
07-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Nice catch and way to hang in there. It has been hot and you have to work hard for your fish but you showed that perseverance pays off. I have been trying to work the top with little success and the only bass I catch is with a T-rig off of points. Thanks for the report and great pictures of your catch.

sleepinwiththefishies
07-09-2013, 11:16 AM
yah it was a watermelon black fleck, and yah man it was tough but serisouly i would have left early if it werent for how much we had committed to the trip. But i would trade in three days of skunks for another fish like this it was pretty fricking awesome.....and i was on 8lb test and he made a huge run and wrapped me, played a tug o war with my line rubbing against the branch, and then finally got him free....my line was tore to ****, i would say i got relatively lucky to win this one.

TUNAVIC
07-09-2013, 02:54 PM
WTG,turning a slow start into a great day,congrats on the PB,nice LMB.

TunaVic

Fishbones
07-09-2013, 05:38 PM
nice feesh, congrats

HawgStalker
07-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Great job man! Way to stick with her and not try to muscle her in...

Thanks for sharing!