PDA

View Full Version : Prado Reservoir Fishing Video and Report

carpanglerdude
07-07-2013, 04:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_UUCmUWFc

I have driven past Prado Park several times in the past, but never actually fished it. Finally, a fellow FNN member and I hit up Prado for a morning of bass fishing. Fees were kind of pain (access fee + fishing fee?) but nonetheless we hit the shoreline and fished most of the lake. The fish were not super eager to bite, but we managed to land several largemouth bass each at Prado on soft plastic worms (4''?) and also on a black/blue bass jig. I was really impressed with all the structure to fish at Prado, although be prepared to walk if you want to try out all the different spots (dam, reeds, trees, dock, etc). Water was very off-color/stained and we only ran into a handful of other anglers. One was proud to show us his stringer of baby bass, sad. Anyway, enjoy the video, hopefully I'll be back to that lake sometime soon!

GhettoBasster
07-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Fun times! That is a nice lake. Too bad the fees are so high. Thanks for the report!

sevenout
07-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Sadly, the lake is slated to be drained this Fall, acording to the park superintendant. A leaking pipe under the lake has to be repaired. There goes the Bass fishery for the next 3 to 4 years!

carpanglerdude
07-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Sadly, the lake is slated to be drained this Fall, acording to the park superintendant. A leaking pipe under the lake has to be repaired. There goes the Bass fishery for the next 3 to 4 years!

What? Drained? C'mon! Wonder where they will move all the fish...

goodguy
07-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Fun times! That is a nice lake. Too bad the fees are so high. Thanks for the report!

It is a nice little lake, but not worth the fees they charge. I'd fish there a lot more if not for the fees!

castle
07-09-2013, 05:53 PM
good report. Any BGs or carp there/

GhettoBasster
07-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Didn't try for panfish in the main lake, but there were hungry gills in a pool below the dam at the lake outlet.

carpanglerdude
07-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Didn't try for panfish in the main lake, but there were hungry gills in a pool below the dam at the lake outlet.

Really liked this lake, shame to think of it getting drained. We saw several bait and wait anglers, I think they were chasing cats, not carp...sure there are some nice gills there too