PDA

View Full Version : Best snag I've ever had

ml8fish
07-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Kens by catch story reminded me to post this: Fishing out of new port harbor, a few weeks back, on my friends boat, were on our way back in, make a quick stop at the bait barge to throw some plastic for some bass action, I get snagged up really good, almost thought it was the bottom at first, then it comes free, still with some weight on, then to everyone's confusion and then to my delight, I pull up a nearly perfect condition 7' pen battle with matching reel, that had to have gone in only hours before, a perfect new LC setup, i took it to a local tackle shop, had them clean it and put fresh invis-x on it(felt like I could splurge on the line cuz the rod was such a deal:LOL:) we also ended the day with about 5 little calicoes each and a couple of sandies.

Ps if anyone lost one recently, sorry! its mine now, finders keepers hahahaha:Twisted:

Cheers

Ml8fish

Marcus

DockRat
07-06-2013, 07:43 PM
WYG on the snag.
DR

koifish
07-06-2013, 08:38 PM
would you like to sell it????

Jaysuuun
07-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Dang a whole new set up!? That's awesome. I snagged a setup once before. Worthless though. It had barnacles and other things growing on it

JL
07-07-2013, 07:47 PM
I don't think it is the set I lost 3 weeks ago. I lost mine on the opposite side of the harbor down the second lane of the Boat docs. My set was all Penn also. Defective rod holder snapped and it was gone before I could grab it.

ml8fish
07-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Thanks DR

Koifish, I'm keeping it, i was in the market for just such a setup actually and i figure its gotta have some luck on it :Cool:

J, yea it was so strange seeing it come out of the water. can't wait to hit the surf with it :Big Grin:

sorry to hear about your loss JL, maybe, who knows, i was pretty much at the mouth of the harbor. i lost a big game #25 setup back bay while fishing for bat rays about a month ago, snapped at the handle while fighting a mud marlin haha, theres gotta be several lost setups just rusting away on the bottom in every harbor id imagine.

:Fishing Hole:

PTN
07-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Nice snag Marcus!! :LOL: I can't wait to catch something like that.. :Big Grin: Thanks for sharing.

-Peter