PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood- July 5th

Jmac
07-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Hit up the Wood yesterday. Got there around 4 pm. Went back to one of the coves by Live Oak. Unfortunately it's still a mess back there with the salad. But on a positive note it has gotten better since they had blue stoned. I'm thinking another week or two and it should be looking much nicer. Worked a senko for awhile for no love. Switched it up early and started chucking the Punker earlier then I normally do from one of the points. Managed a dink largemouth that was acting brave. Once the sun started to fall I switched up to a Z-Plug. Purchased it a few months back but hadn't really used it much as I get into bad habits of using the same swim bait over and over again and don't mix it up as much as I should. But I'm glad I did. As the sun was just behind the hill I had a gnarly blow up. Ended up being 10 pounds on the dot. Kept throwing the Z-Plug the rest of the night but no love. The wind of course was blowing, blowing real hard as it usually does that time of the day there. Side note, the Ranger made a stealth visit as he parked in one of the coves and exited his boat and started checking licenses. He ended up writing some tickets for some knuckle head kids drinking out there underage. Glad to see the ranger make an appearance and start checking for violations.

seal
07-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Well done! Glad to hear there is still some action amongst the holiday chaos.

The rangers out there are way too busy normally just trying to keep the chaos at bay, I believe they've got at least one new one working out there now. I'd heard that there were several that were supposed to graduate and might be added. In years past when staffing was up they were much more proactive and checked licenses regularly, my hope is that they get the staff needed to control some of the insanity.

fishincouple
07-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Good Job Jmac, on that stripey! Good to hear the Ranger out there doin a bit of enforcement. Run off some of the pukes. :Smile: My daughter's boyfriend and I went out to the dam yesterday morn. Senko pulled up 1 lmb, nothin for the rest of the morn. Water was scary looking! :Bug Eyes: Wind...well...

Hardcor
07-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Nice Fish Jmac ! Tell me how you were working that jointed Z-Plug when you got the blow up !

ghettofishermans son
07-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Nice fish jmac!! Way to go on the swimbait stripe! Still waiting on my double d , gotta get back out there.

alexgee926
07-08-2013, 08:29 PM
nice! any luck lately on a punker or bbz? gonna go out there this weekend and throw some swimbaits. i found a z plug there, must be a popular bait around there. dont they sink way too low?