PDA

View Full Version : Most Amazing Bycatch EVER!!!!

skunked4life
07-06-2013, 03:19 PM
I will keep this short.

I have yet to post my last several trips, but that's because they consist of mostly short butts.

Last Wednesday, 07/03/2013, I had the privilege of going fishing with the "Hangover" crew: Jaysuun, Bloox8 and Dlmoo312. I killed the skunk with a small YFC. Jason says that we should hit up the AO again the next day. OK! Jason and I get there and and fish it hard again. I end up with 2 shorts and J with a nice 25 inch butt. I am sure someone willl post the full report, but this is my post.... Jason ends up letting me take this beast home for my wife! What a guy! Thanks Jace! Then Jason starts casting again and ends up losing the magic LC that he used to catch me my beast. We scour the beach but can't seem to find it washed up on shore. BUMMER!

Now, to the AMAZING BYCATCH!

07/06/2013

I get the privilege and honor to fish with SP Dan and Sidified. I am sure that they will post up soon, so not to steal their glory but....
I make cast after cast and can't seem to catch anything today. The bite at this AO has gone. It was great while it lasted. I start blindly casting and thinking about the spot that Jason caught that beast and so I make my way over there. After about 30 minutes of casting, I make ONE LAST CAST....What? My LC is stuck! Not seaweed, this thing is heavy! Is it a 26+ halibut like the one Murrieta Angler caught? He said that he thought that one was seaweed too. Hmmm....I get it on shore. It is garbage. Literally garbage. A jacket of some sort wrapped in a bunch of salad and trash. Okay, well I can take the trash out with me. As I try and get my LC loose, I notice a small blue fish. Upon closer inspection...

It's Jaysuun's magic LC!!!! Good Blessings all around! Minus one on your lost LC Leaderboard score brother! Your magic LC is coming home!

Thanks for reading!

Wingnut
07-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Hey Ken, didn't you get the memo? All lost LC's goes back to me! :Envious:
BTW, you don't get any points for recovering lost LC's. :LOL:
I might see you out there tomorrow... :Wink:

SP Dan
07-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi ya SFL,
It was great to fish with you a second time this week! :Beer Toast:
We need to get you on your SWAT qualifying :BFish: fish real soon .... okay buddy!?
I couldn't believe it when you told me that you found Jason's LC .... Huh ... the same one that had become independent on the 4th of July! :Dancing Banana:
I hope that I'll see :Shocked: you in the salt tomorrow!
Thanx for the fun read Ken! :Cool:
SP Dan <"))><

Jaysuuun
07-07-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm voting this thread the best report of the year! LOL I was so stoked when I got your text message about my LC. I wasn't kidding when I said to tie it on. I was hoping maybe that it would work its magic for you. Can't wait til that LC is back where she belongs. Thanks for the find!

skunked4life
07-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Hey Ken, didn't you get the memo? All lost LC's goes back to me! :Envious:
BTW, you don't get any points for recovering lost LC's. :LOL:
I might see you out there tomorrow... :Wink:

I am torn Commander...my loyalties to you and my friendship and gratitude to Jaysuun have me at odds. Soooo, I will make this offer: I return the LC to Jaysuun to return it to you, but first, maybe I will tie it on and catch me my induction fish! :LOL:

Hi ya SFL,
It was great to fish with you a second time this week! :Beer Toast:
We need to get you on your SWAT qualifying :BFish: fish real soon .... okay buddy!?
I couldn't believe it when you told me that you found Jason's LC .... Huh ... the same one that had become independent on the 4th of July! :Dancing Banana:
I hope that I'll see :Shocked: you in the salt tomorrow!
Thanx for the fun read Ken! :Cool:
SP Dan <"))><

Dan, you crack me up sir! Yes, she found independence on the 4th and then I hunted her down and brought her home! The entire weekend, though I have little to show for in terms of fish count, was a great success since I got to finally fish with you (3 times), met and talked shop with Sid (get well soon sir!) and fished with the commander (though I am most happy that he wasn't bit by a rattlesnake!). :Secret::Secret::Secret:

I'm voting this thread the best report of the year! LOL I was so stoked when I got your text message about my LC. I wasn't kidding when I said to tie it on. I was hoping maybe that it would work its magic for you. Can't wait til that LC is back where she belongs. Thanks for the find!

Buddy, let me tell you that though it took pliers, my knife and alot of tugging and effort to bring her home and cut her loose from the weed and junk, it was THE BEST catch of this year for me. I know that you were heartbroken when you lost her. At least you get her back for a little while before you lose her again (see above--Arthur pulls rank).

bachiboy
07-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Ummm, there's a competition going on here man and that LC is one of our worst enemies right now. You know how much damage that thing has done...don't give it back! At least not till the end of the month...and if I'm on Jason's team next month, by all means get it back to him asap! :ROFL: Remember, these guys are fighting dirty...time for some payback.:LOL::Wink:

Don