PDA

View Full Version : Late Report - S.W.A.T.(ting) LAX 06/28

skunked4life
07-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Had to pick up some family at LAX last friday so took this as an opportunity to explore some new territory.

AO: Semi-Classified
Gear: LC Flashminnow 110 Candy Sardine
Conditions: Cloudy/Foggy, sets were about 12 sec, 2 to 3 foot waves, low tide to incoming hightide
Time: 5 to 9am

Got some intel that this particular beach was producing. Got to the AO at 4:30 and explored a bit first. Began casting and hooked up immediately on a medium sized BSP. Then, nothing for about an hour. TONS of Corbinas everywhere. Managed to trap a few between my wader boots! :LOL: Guess I was super bored. Farmed lots of perch and then I get a heavy slam. Rod loads up and its on!!! Headshakes and runs galore! Onlookers stopping by to watch...better not goof! After about 15 minutes of fight, a look of dread comes over me as the lady patiently waiting by my side says "what's wrong?" Its a SNGF, that's what is wrong. :Embarrassed:

Well, it was super fun and even though it wasn't my induction fish, and was 4inches shy of points, it was still something. Gave my thanks, let the guy go and left for the airport.

Thanks for reading!

Wingnut
07-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Heartbreak... Flat Fish of the "Wrong" kind. :mad:
At least it gave you a good work out Ken.
I'm itching to hit the surf, you might see me out there somewhere tomorrow. :Wink:

SP Dan
07-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Hey Ken,

I'm certain that when the correct flat fish hits your LC .... that you are totally prepared and ready to beach your qualifier! :Thumbs Up:

I hope to see you out there tomorrow S4L! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

DockRat
07-06-2013, 07:41 PM
You should try fishing the Beans. Sandcrab 1/2 oz slider mosquito hook.
They are great fighters. A 24" Bean should qualify ?

Jaysuuun
07-07-2013, 12:48 AM
"What's wrong?" LOL that's too funny. Keep at it. The next "SNGF" could be a monster butt:Wink:

Nipple Twister
07-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I bet the topic of discussion during the ride home with the guests was about SNGF huh? :ROFL:

Nice job Sir, thanks for sharing Ken................:Thumbs Up:

skunked4life
07-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Heartbreak... Flat Fish of the "Wrong" kind. :mad:
At least it gave you a good work out Ken.
I'm itching to hit the surf, you might see me out there somewhere tomorrow. :Wink:

It was GREAT to fish with you again! Sorry to let you down in that corner...it just didn't produce. I did finally farm a calico. I though the LC was just bumping through the salad but then I saw it in the water as I pulled the LC out. Funny how when I was fighting the SNGF last week, I was excited, then when I landed it, I was dissapointed. I had a moment of weakness. Should just be thankful that I caught and landed it!

Hey Ken,

I'm certain that when the correct flat fish hits your LC .... that you are totally prepared and ready to beach your qualifier! :Thumbs Up:

I hope to see you out there tomorrow S4L! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

DAN!!! help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...you are my only hope! Oh wise one, you got me on my first legal and I need you to help me get on my qualifier!!!

You should try fishing the Beans. Sandcrab 1/2 oz slider mosquito hook.
They are great fighters. A 24" Bean should qualify ?

Only on artificials...LC caught beans are extremely hard to come by, but I will try for them anyways. Thanks DR.

"What's wrong?" LOL that's too funny. Keep at it. The next "SNGF" could be a monster butt:Wink:

Jace, the funny thing was that I though that this was it...and was telling the lady that I though t it was a halibut. Actually, the funny thing was that she didn't know what a halibut looked like so I could have just told her the SNGF was a butt and she probably wouldn't have known the difference. In my mind, it WAS a butt--pain in the butt.

I bet the topic of discussion during the ride home with the guests was about SNGF huh? :ROFL:

Nice job Sir, thanks for sharing Ken................:Thumbs Up:

Well, my family is from Korea and they have never seen a SNGF so my cousins were just excited at how big it was. I am just glad that I found and tried out a new beach thanks to your's and Don's intel. Thank you John!

bachiboy
07-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Well, not the flatfish of the right kind but it sure does get the heart pumping for a while. Think about this...of all the flatties you've caught, and all the SNGF you've caught, which one actually fights harder? Kinda funny how our perspective gets a little skewed when you have your eye on a certain fish. Enjoy the ride, whatever you catch, us dads are on borrowed time. :LOL:

Thanks for sharing Ken!
Don