PDA

View Full Version : Lake Evans

fishingking
07-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Broke on money to keep paying for lake entrance fees so I found a lake that was free.. Name was called lake Evans! wow how much this place sucks been there since 6am and not even a damn nibble or bite use everything I had in my damn tackle box. If you wanna fish for free go to a pier instead of this **** whole.. Do not go thanks

CrownTown
07-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Tough lake but there are some good bass. If you can catch them there you can catch fish anywhere ha

tree
07-07-2013, 06:12 AM
lmao you found Fairmount Park. Good luck. keep trying.

GhettoBasster
07-07-2013, 08:05 AM
There are some good fish in there; they are just few and far between. Tree, you crack me up. Tree knows the lake well. If you want more info, search for "Fairmount" or "tweekers" in the forums.

Hoot951
07-07-2013, 08:35 AM
I heard they planted some cats not to long ago.

fishingking
07-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Lol thanks guys I will have to give it another try. Any opinions on what to use since it was my first skunked day at lake Evans lol.. I used worms,hotdogs,cornmeal,jigs,swim bait,bread, fake worms.. Have a happy fishing day guys

GhettoBasster
07-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Lol thanks guys I will have to give it another try. Any opinions on what to use since it was my first skunked day at lake Evans lol.. I used worms,hotdogs,cornmeal,jigs,swim bait,bread, fake worms.. Have a happy fishing day guys

I am no Fairmount expert and don't fish it often, but from what I've seen and heard, the baits that work for a given species at other lakes will work there. There are bass, crappie, gills, carp and cats. I almost always use artificials and I've gotten bass on Senkos and cranks and gills and crappie on Berkeley trout worms. Bread works on carp and people catch cats on crawlers. Again, search around in these forums and see what others have to say. There is a clutch of homeless gentlemen that fish it every day and if you ask them, they might give you tips too. It can get a little sketchy there, especially at night, but I have t had a problem so far.

killernkompany
07-08-2013, 01:54 PM
went there last week for the first time but only to walk and scope out the lake (it was 101) and only walked about 1/3 of the boathouse side of the lake and counted 6 dead catfish. anyone know what's that about?