PDA

View Full Version : Gotta question about the WOOD.

Fishin4runner
07-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Is it legal to fish silverwood at night near the dam? Also do you need a forest adventure pass to legally park there? Please any info would be a great help. Thanks.

seal
07-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Is it legal to fish silverwood at night near the dam? Also do you need a forest adventure pass to legally park there? Please any info would be a great help. Thanks.

Yes it's legal and no if you park at the dam the pass is not necessary. Now if you take the road around the backside that's kind of open to debate. There use to be a sign indicating adventure pass needed but I think it may have been taken down by somebody (last time up there I don't remember seeing it) also changes in rules for need of Adventure pass is still up in the air. I'm paranoid so I still use the pass there but most cars I see do not have it.

fishincouple
07-04-2013, 08:41 AM
There are no fish in the toxic soup of the Wood....right!!?

Fishin4runner
07-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Yes it's legal and no if you park at the dam the pass is not necessary. Now if you take the road around the backside that's kind of open to debate. There use to be a sign indicating adventure pass needed but I think it may have been taken down by somebody (last time up there I don't remember seeing it) also changes in rules for need of Adventure pass is still up in the air. I'm paranoid so I still use the pass there but most cars I see do not have it.

Thanks seal for the info.

Fishin4runner
07-04-2013, 10:01 AM
There are no fish in the toxic soup of the Wood....right!!?

Exactly there are no fish in the wood, from what I heard just a few carp. :Big Grin:

RTG
07-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Beware fishing at night, and parking in remote areas. There are POS's there that break into cars. If you leave valuable items in your vehicle, especially in plain view, most likely you will return to your car with a broken window, and missing some of your personal items.
As for the Adventure Pass; it is only required in areas that have 4 or 5 amenities. Toilet, picnic area, trash cans, etc. Kinda funny how they don't make that public, nor take down some of the signs in areas where you don't need it anymore. Wonder why that is? I don't work for the Forest Service, but I asked an employee in the field, at an area where you do need the pass (Lost Lake).

iloveGarick
07-07-2013, 12:54 AM
My wife and I just went to Silverwood yesterday (Sat.) from about 3-5 at Vista Point, went down the way to some korean bbq/sushi joint for dinner and then came back up to try the dam. We walked about 1/2way down the road towards the spillway and then fished from there from about 7-9pm. (Yes, I know it gets better at night, but we just didn't have the time).

Shrimp with mushrooms, mealworms, nightcrawlers, red worms, anchovies, mackarel.. and all we got was skunk.

Also, can you believe they want $45 to camp there at Silverwood? Yes, I know they have clean bathrooms and hot showers, but really!?! $45 to camp outdoors at the lake? On the way back to LA, I also saw a Motel 6 for $55.