PDA

View Full Version : Kings harbor fishng from shore or pier

fishfinder
07-02-2013, 03:41 PM
any-one give me any information on pier fishing or shore fishing in kings harbor. I haven't been there in 30 years, and then it was a rental boat for bonies. would like to take my son Saturday, and was wondering how much to park and if it is worth fishing. just want tocatch some mackerel and bonies. my son has never caught an ocean fish.

DockRat
07-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Call Redondo sportfishing on the short pier. They provide KH Bait at the barge also. Ask if they are selling bait on sat. They still rent skiffs at Rocky Point. They turned on the bubble about 3 days ago but no steam at the power plant till today. So with the water warming up it help. I fished the bubble 2 days ago for a hour tossing the Kroc and LC 110 anchovy for no bites.
Ask Redondo sportfishing and Rocky point if any Bones or Macs latley.
DR

Not sure if the below prices are current.

Skiffs can be rented from Rocky Point Fly Fishing located at the north end of Portofino Way (the road taken to get to the Portofino Inn Hotel now the Baleen Hotel.). The rate is $65 all day (7 AM to 5 PM) or $45 for a half day. A whole scoop of bait costs $20; a half scoop is $15. Rocky Point FF phone: (310) 374-9858

Ifishtoolittle
07-02-2013, 06:13 PM
I've done quite a bit of shore fishing and pier fishing at KH and the fishing is generally really only decent in certain areas of the harbor. Without a doubt the docks are the best, but that's not generally a good idea if you are trying to teach a kid some ethics.

I'd recommend the short pier, 4lb gear, and squid or shrimp for bait. The last time I was there, which was about 3 weeks ago, some guys were nailing short calicos.

bman90278
07-02-2013, 07:13 PM
any-one give me any information on pier fishing or shore fishing in kings harbor. I haven't been there in 30 years, and then it was a rental boat for bonies. would like to take my son Saturday, and was wondering how much to park and if it is worth fishing. just want tocatch some mackerel and bonies. my son has never caught an ocean fish.

Ive been hitting the sport pier every week and I haven't seen any bones or macs getting caught. If u decide to fish the short pier and purchase some bait b sure to ask for parking validation. Ive been paying $2 ti park instead of $2 an hr.