PDA

View Full Version : Inspection Tags DV, Perris, Silverwood

eah
07-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Just wondering if the inspection tag from one of these lakes is working easily at the others. Also, I have stayed only at DV in order not to have inspection problems. Of course I get the tag before leaving. But I have not been on the lake since before the shared tag program began. Do you still pay an extra fee for inspection and where do you get a tag when leaving Perris or Silverwood tagging ?

jicasiano
07-02-2013, 11:45 AM
In my experience it depends primarily on the person doing the inspection. Generally Castaic, Pyramid and Piru will accept each other's tags no question. Other places like DVL and Perris generally won't. I had a friend that had a DVL tag get denied at Perris and had to go through the whole dog and pony show. And last time I got in Castaic with a Perris tag without having to be inspected. Ive even heard of some getting into DVL with a little bit of water because the inspector felt bad because he had to drive so far. All depends on the inspector.

-bman

Pete Marino
07-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Its kinda confusing so follow along...Perris and Silverwood share tags.. They also accept DVL tags. Castaic accepts Silverwood and Perris's State tags. However Perris and Silverwood do NOT accept Castaics tag.. Makes no sense I know.. DVL ONLY ACCEPTS THE STATE TAG THAT PERRIS, SILVERWOOD AND LAKE HEMET put on. DVL DOES NOT ACCEPT bands from any other lakes. Perris Only accepts the state tag that SILVERWOOD and Hemet put on AND they also accept the DVL PAPER band.

As far as the inspections...DVL looks throughout the boat for standing water..i..e.. livewell, bilge and even in compartments but they pay special attention to the bilge, the back compartment where the batteries and bilge are and the livewells. DVL also makes you lower your motor to make sure no water runs out of it..

Perris on the other hand checks all compartments with most attention placed in the bilge area and drain plug... HOWEVER they DO NOT make you lower your motor.

The inspection at all the lakes nowadays is pretty simple and cut and dry...clean and dry..no standing water.. The inspection takes literally 2 minutes most of the time with most of that time being them filling in the paperwork.. Pretty simple..

Once you have a tag on from DVL you WILL NOT need to get inspected at Perris.. Plain and simple. If the DVL tag is there they just wave you through. No questions asked EVER.. SAME WITH DVL..If the Perris tag is there they don't ask anything..

Pete

bman90278
07-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Its kinda confusing so follow along...Perris and Silverwood share tags.. They also accept DVL tags. Castaic accepts Silverwood and Perris's State tags. However Perris and Silverwood do NOT accept Castaics tag.. Makes no sense I know.. DVL ONLY ACCEPTS THE STATE TAG THAT PERRIS, SILVERWOOD AND LAKE HEMET put on. DVL DOES NOT ACCEPT bands from any other lakes. Perris Only accepts the state tag that SILVERWOOD and Hemet put on AND they also accept the DVL PAPER band.

As far as the inspections...DVL looks throughout the boat for standing water..i..e.. livewell, bilge and even in compartments but they pay special attention to the bilge, the back compartment where the batteries and bilge are and the livewells. DVL also makes you lower your motor to make sure no water runs out of it..

Perris on the other hand checks all compartments with most attention placed in the bilge area and drain plug... HOWEVER they DO NOT make you lower your motor.

The inspection at all the lakes nowadays is pretty simple and cut and dry...clean and dry..no standing water.. The inspection takes literally 2 minutes most of the time with most of that time being them filling in the paperwork.. Pretty simple..

Once you have a tag on from DVL you WILL NOT need to get inspected at Perris.. Plain and simple. If the DVL tag is there they just wave you through. No questions asked EVER.. SAME WITH DVL..If the Perris tag is there they don't ask anything..

Pete

Good explanation Pete, thanks!