PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Lake Report 7-1 Wide Open Striper (video)

Hardcor
07-02-2013, 08:15 AM
I had left over Sardines from fishing San Diego off shore, so my wife and I went to Silverwood Lake for some half day bait and wait ! Every piece of Sardine was a Striper !

We only had 6 dinks out of 42 fish ! We kept 20 nice Stripers with the largest being 6.1 pounds ! It was hot and there were a lot of lake lice out there ! We had a blast and ran out of bait by 10:30

in the morning. My wife caught 32 of the Stripers and the five largest of the 42 caught ! All of my wife's Striped Bass were caught on 4 pound test !

http://youtu.be/9EH4DLra-s4

dk4885
07-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Very nice Cory. Your wife is a better fishing partner than that guy you had on your boat at SF. Lol.

TroutOnly
07-02-2013, 08:58 AM
CORY WAY TO PUT CHRISTA ON A CRAZY BAIT BITE ,YOU GOT TO LOVE THE FLYLINE WITH THE 4LB TEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fishincouple
07-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Awesome Hardcore!! Good to see the lady on all those fish...helluva angler! :EyePop:

5150fishn
07-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Nice use of the leftover bait brotha! Love that light line action! The wife is a jailbird slayer.

trail blazer
07-02-2013, 12:27 PM
WOW CORY!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Putting your woman on fish like that and being the perfect gentleman the whole time,,,,GOOD MAN!

Congrats to you and your wife!

TRAIL BLAZER

Perris_holic
07-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Man that looks like alot of fun.

#1 Bass Acer
07-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Cory great video nice job putting the wife of the fish looks like u guys had a great time

fishinone
07-02-2013, 03:28 PM
That's a great video Cory! Christa did a good job handling those striper, striper that size can be handful!

You were a perfect gentleman. Very cool!

I'm so busy at work that it took all day to watch the video but it was totally worth it.

cutbait
07-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Your best vid to date Corey!

Ultralight
07-02-2013, 04:18 PM
I am most impressed at how you partnered with your wife and did most of the serving while she did the catching. Commendations!

I pass by silverwood all the time but never fished there. (As I don't have a boat.) The thing that gives me pause is the report that Silverwood is one of the most toxic lakes in So CA. But judging by the posts here, the fish is still considered safe to eat?

Again, great vid!!

UL

fishincouple
07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
The thing that gives me pause is the report that Silverwood is one of the most toxic lakes in So CA. But judging by the posts here, the fish is still considered safe to eat?

Again, great vid!!

UL

Toxic? WOW!! Then what is Perris? :Slap: I mean...yeah...WAY TOXIC!!!! There are no fish in the Wood!! Be afraid!!

P.A.W.
07-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Non-stop action Corey! I wish my wife would come out once in a while. One carcinoma and 18 stitches on her cheek and now I'm fishing solo. Women! J/K! Once I'm outfitted with the new chartplotter/GPS setup I'm gonna have to hit the toxic soup with you.

olfishergal
07-02-2013, 09:09 PM
wtg on the multiple catches. Just the kind of bite I want to get my friend on............. Oh BOB!!!! Do we need to change locations?

Ultralight
07-02-2013, 09:30 PM
LOL. I can see the humor with my comments and your reply. My my query is a sincere one since we have kids and heavy metall or other toxicity impact them disporportionately compared to adults. I realize we live in a world that is sometimg seeking to be a bit too sanitized but there's a balance in wisdom between real and imagined dangers.

UL

Toxic? WOW!! Then what is Perris? :Slap: I mean...yeah...WAY TOXIC!!!! There are no fish in the Wood!! Be afraid!!

MikesOcean
07-02-2013, 10:07 PM
WOW HC!!!!

Your wife, your friend, your fishing partner, and a STRIPER KILLER!

What more can a husband want?

Truly enjoyable to watch. You treat her like a delicate butterfly and its obvious how respectful she is towards you.

You are the Man Cory! Congrats on the obvious! oh... and great job on putting her on all the fish!

Hardcor
07-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Very nice Cory. Your wife is a better fishing partner than that guy you had on your boat at SF. Lol.
Thank you Donald ! It looks like we both had good luck lately.

CORY WAY TO PUT CHRISTA ON A CRAZY BAIT BITE ,YOU GOT TO LOVE THE FLYLINE WITH THE 4LB TEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Just like you taught me Bobby Boy !

Awesome Hardcore!! Good to see the lady on all those fish...helluva angler! :EyePop:
Thank you fishincouple ! She deserved a good day ! She liked the birds more then the fishing !

Nice use of the leftover bait brotha! Love that light line action! The wife is a jailbird slayer.
I think the fresh bait had a lot to do with the bite ! Plus that light line action ! Thank you 5150fishn !

Hardcor
07-02-2013, 10:29 PM
WOW CORY!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Putting your woman on fish like that and being the perfect gentleman the whole time,,,,GOOD MAN!

Congrats to you and your wife!

TRAIL BLAZER
Thanks Big Guy ! About being the perfect gentleman the whole time ? I'm learning how to edit HD video so good I even got you fooled !

Man that looks like alot of fun.
It was a Blast and I hope she go's again sometime soon ! Thank you Perris_holic

That's a great video Cory! Christa did a good job handling those striper, striper that size can be handful!

You were a perfect gentleman. Very cool!

I'm so busy at work that it took all day to watch the video but it was totally worth it.
Thank you Ronald ! Remember this date 8-3-2013 Were on !

Your best vid to date Corey!
Mikey !

Hardcor
07-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Cory great video nice job putting the wife of the fish looks like u guys had a great time
Thank you Arther ! I got lucky I found fish, but she likes just being on the boat.

Hardcor
07-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I am most impressed at how you partnered with your wife and did most of the serving while she did the catching. Commendations!

I pass by silverwood all the time but never fished there. (As I don't have a boat.) The thing that gives me pause is the report that Silverwood is one of the most toxic lakes in So CA. But judging by the posts here, the fish is still considered safe to eat?

Again, great vid!!

UL
Silverwood Lake is part of the Aqueduct system that brings Delta water to southern California ! The water in the Aqueduct Lakes changes out very fast ! Quail Lake flows into Pyramid lake, Pyramid flows to Castic, Castic flows to Silverwood, Silverwood flows to Mathews, Mathews flows to Skinner and or Diamond Valley Lake ! It's all drinking water ! All wild fish today have some level of toxin in them !

Hardcor
07-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Non-stop action Corey! I wish my wife would come out once in a while. One carcinoma and 18 stitches on her cheek and now I'm fishing solo. Women! J/K! Once I'm outfitted with the new chartplotter/GPS setup I'm gonna have to hit the toxic soup with you.
Thank you P.A.W. You will love the new toys ! Learn them good and it's like a new weapon !

WOW HC!!!!

Your wife, your friend, your fishing partner, and a STRIPER KILLER!

What more can a husband want?

Truly enjoyable to watch. You treat her like a delicate butterfly and its obvious how respectful she is towards you.

You are the Man Cory! Congrats on the obvious! oh... and great job on putting her on all the fish!
Thank you Mike ! She is everything to me ! More then I could put into words ! Think San Antone !

seal
07-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Stay away from Silverwood, it's toxic! Besides no fish left Cory done ate um all explains the crazy growth of hair on his face.

You da man!!!!!

Hardcor
07-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Stay away from Silverwood, it's toxic! Besides no fish left Cory done ate um all explains the crazy growth of hair on his face.

You da man!!!!!

Seal ! You almost got it right ! I had that crazy growth of hair all over my body when I was young ! The growth of hair on my face is all that's left after 6 decades !

I don't blame it on Silverwood ! I blame it on the sixties ! If you see me at the Wood, say hey ! Thank's seal !

Ultralight
07-03-2013, 11:00 PM
LOL. Glad to see that my query has given occasion for a fair bit of mirth. Perhaps I should try to fish at Silverwood just for kicks.

UL

You da man!!!!!

Which Way Out
07-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Cory, aka Netman. We need to make you a Cape out of netting material. Cutbait I can see you making one for him............LOL

Very nice of you Cory.

Oh btw the water from Silverwood goes to Lake Perris. Well at least it did in the beginning. Matthews could be getting some off the pipeline if it was tapped into somewhere along the line in the past 20+ years. Otherwise its main source comes from the Colorado River.

The big concrete pipeline from Silverwood came right near our house heading to Lake Perris. Grew up in Mo Valley.
We would ride our bicycles in it for as far as we dared after the workers went home each day.

WWO

The Fishing Queen
07-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Congrats! Nice sized fish and great job.

olfishergal
07-04-2013, 05:01 PM
enjoyed the vid especially funny was the part when you were trying to get to your wife with the net and got the rod up your shorts......very funny stuff. GlAD TO SEE A GENTLMAN doing the duty for his wife.....OFG

Hardcor
07-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Cory, aka Netman. We need to make you a Cape out of netting material. Cutbait I can see you making one for him............LOL

Very nice of you Cory.

Oh btw the water from Silverwood goes to Lake Perris. Well at least it did in the beginning. Matthews could be getting some off the pipeline if it was tapped into somewhere along the line in the past 20+ years. Otherwise its main source comes from the Colorado River.

The big concrete pipeline from Silverwood came right near our house heading to Lake Perris. Grew up in Mo Valley.
We would ride our bicycles in it for as far as we dared after the workers went home each day.

WWO

When I married a woman with 4 kids ! I became the netman !

Hardcor
07-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Congrats! Nice sized fish and great job.

Thank you Alice !

Hardcor
07-05-2013, 08:56 AM
enjoyed the vid especially funny was the part when you were trying to get to your wife with the net and got the rod up your shorts......very funny stuff. GlAD TO SEE A GENTLMAN doing the duty for his wife.....OFG

The video camera shows it all ! There's things that happen that I wouldn't let anybody see ! Thank you !

crappiemike
07-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Enjoy watching your videos!

Keep up the good work....

Cm

TroutOnly
07-05-2013, 08:50 PM
yes ofg we can go wreck corys backyard,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hardcor
07-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Enjoy watching your videos!

Keep up the good work....

Cm

Thank You Mike !

Hardcor
07-05-2013, 09:15 PM

Oh Bob ! Hey Bobby Boy you are working to hard my Brother !

Hardcor
07-10-2013, 01:53 PM

Be my guests !

http://youtu.be/pzx_DALI2OM