PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 6.30.13 lots of species biting

JAG107
06-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Been over a year since I've been, decided to try for some striper meat. The bite was on right away, lost as many as I landed. All fish went 1-2 lbs for me. The other boats around me were on a full multispecies bite, they were landing stripers, green carp, bluegill the size of dinner plates and a 14 lb cat was caught by one guy....on a spoon!
Got one on the troll too, but it was too small to even release the line from the clip, so I had probably been dragging it around for a half hour or more. Got too hot for me so I called it quits at 10 with 5 in the deadwell. It was great to get back out there and get some ceviche meat!

P.A.W.
06-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Good to see you out there Joe! If you had made a day of it, and trolled for a couple more hours, you could have had a limit for sure.

JAG107
06-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Thats the thing! If I had known where I picked up that loner, I may have circled around for a while. But since I had no clue where I hooked up, I just considered it a bonus fish and got out of the heat. I guess it'll be 3 weeks when I go back, since the lake will be closed the 10th-15th for the giant rave.