PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes the easy spot is where the fish are Dana Point private boater

JL
06-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Been going out at least once a week for the past 6 weeks fishing the Salt creek area and around the kelp north of the harbor. Today I wasn't feeling up to par (Just got out of the hospital 10 days ago) but I had some grand kids that wanted to go fishing. Decided to look for under water structure/weeds/ kelp less than a mile out of the harbor. Found a new spot with thicket type kelp and some rocks.

From 9 am - 12:30 today everyone on board caught calicos, Sand Bass, Sculpin. 1 of the sand bass and 2 of the calico were over 16 inches. Water was nearly calm with show moving swells at about 2 feet with barely any wide waves. Water temp was 66.8. Air temp 73. Grand kids and My wife and i had a great time on the water catching fish.

And some personal stuff to my friends on FNN
Tight Lines and God Bless America.........Take some time to Pray for our country this 4th of July. We are much in need of Prayer. God needs to help us find a way to reduce our massive Govt and restore the voice of the people --- to remind our politicians and Judges that they work for us. Ohhh and one more thing..... Abolish the IRS and give us a flat tax.

DockRat
06-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Good job putting the grandkids on some fish.
Were you fishing finbait ?
DR

JL
06-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Yes great large anchovies from the Bait barge at Dana Point. We were the last private boat to get the anchovies.

titos334
06-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Nice report. I've been going out bi-weekly on the twilight boats. The actions has been pretty good, glad you got on some of the bass for you and your family. Sounds like a productive way to spend some time.