PDA

View Full Version : 1n09 1n54 1n64 1n64a

sktruth
06-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Im interested at doin a little exploring and was wondering if anyone knows if a chevy silverado 2wd would make it on these roads? thanks in advance for the responses

one long cast
06-29-2013, 03:17 PM
The Chevy advertisement advise the Silverado can go anywhere. If worried Buy a FORD, #1 selling truck in the nation 9 yrs. running

Viejo
06-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Probably....depending on how you drive. Right now, they are just rutted pretty bad. All bets are off if we get that tropical moisture that is supposed to be coming up next week. One good thunderstorm can turn those roads into quagmires...two lousy drivers can make them into rutted nightmares. They stay sticky longer on the north sides of the canyons and then the ruts harden into cement.

I*B*CATCHIN
06-29-2013, 04:14 PM
The Chevy advertisement advise the Silverado can go anywhere. If worried Buy a FORD, #1 selling truck in the nation 9 yrs. running

Ford all the way ....got a 2001 f150 5.4 liter .... runs like NEW

RTG
06-29-2013, 07:09 PM
What Viejo said. Normally these roads are not bad during the summer months. But just add water and you have some very difficult roads. The red clay is murderous! Even tricky for 4x4's with good mudder tires. Normally, 1N09 is the better road. You should be fine right now. And as for the winter time driving...wow! Fun stuff. I've driven it with my 4x4 and you really get "thrown around" from side to side. But as Viejo says, it really "effs" up the road. Best to stay off during lousy weather. Not much of a budget for the USFS for road maintenance. And Adventure Pass money does not go towards road maintenance.