PDA

View Full Version : 6/28 sat Stripey

DMS
06-29-2013, 02:21 PM
Got out today with lulu. First in line and out looking. Tried a new area from last week for nada and was out there with bass fan and fishinone. Shifted over to. Fish arm and finally got the skunk out. Worked around some other trollers too... Tried to stay clear and far away but varying approaches and speeds had me pull up and motor around a few. Finally found an area holding and got another 5 and had some other customers miss or come off. Was getting ready to try b&w on the point there and bass fan and fishinone came trough. They had a few but sounded like it was a slow day so far. After Ron pulled through set up for about and hour to burn some old bait but the rods and finder didn't give me much of a fish vibe. Pulled out and avoided the skiers for another hour to get out 7th and final before calling it around 11 as the lice were boiling the sun was hot and the fish were not cooperating too much.

We had plans for later too... Had to wait at the dock again for a guys who forgot his drain plug. He was swimming to get it and had to pull it out. I suppose my rig was blocking him getting back but he was blocking me. I should have had mercy because he couldn't back his rig down. If I pulled up he might have been faster but I figured he needed the practice and I was at leat 30 yards from the water. Watching his boat drain was not too much fun and he wouldn't move so the lifeguard told him to move it. He complained that I didn't move my rig and I pointed out that he didn't install his drain plug....

So my 4 minutes got me out and on my way. Another good day with 7 stripers even though none were big. The truck said 107 outside as I left.

I have to get a vid camera like hardcore and film the launch ramp follies. I think you can tell a lot about a person by his boat and how he launches.

Can't wait to go again.

DMS.

trail blazer
06-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Great job out there DMS,,,,,,,Slow and hot yesterday also,,,,,,,,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

DMS
06-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Thanks TB. Maybe could have filled out limits if we stayed out but the heat the lice and our evening plans called it. I am very grateful lulu enjoys going with me so I want to make it fun. It really took a long time to find the right marks today. We had one double and another time both rods hit at the same time, but only one hung on.

Did you pants dtk yesterday? Or was that a cutbait only thing?

trail blazer
06-29-2013, 04:26 PM
OOOOOOOOO NOOOO Bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats just a BAKO BOY thing,,,,,lol

TroutOnly
06-30-2013, 09:05 AM
youre right dan nobody launches there boat like me,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good job on the stripeys in harsh conditions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,

DMS
06-30-2013, 11:03 AM
youre right dan nobody launches there boat like me,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good job on the stripeys in harsh conditions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,

T/O, I watched you launch and it is a work of art. I have it down as well, even though I don't have as many launches as you! the only thing I am doing different is that lulu holds the bow rope rather than tying it to the trailer as it is a slight bit faster and it gets Lulu in the action! I have used your technique when necessary!

It was so hot that I think half the lake evaporated yesterday. It looks like from the bluestone ring on the shore that the lake is down 6 or more feet from a few weeks ago. Water temp up in the mid 70's.

We took some fillets to the dinner party last night and they couldn't believe how good it was and that we caught and cut it the same day. Lulu made another friend who we gave two to yesterday. She didn't seem to be interested in it at all (as if it was a bag of potato chips), but she called today raving about it and that they steamed it and what kind, where did I learn to fish, etc... Lulu is cooking some Chinese style tonight along with ribs, rice powdered pork, port roast, asparagus, green beans and rice. Our guests will certainly be impressed.

DMS
06-30-2013, 11:18 AM
OOOOOOOOO NOOOO Bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats just a BAKO BOY thing,,,,,lol

I guess I have been warned if I ever decide to move to Bakersfield area and take up the Duct.