PDA

View Full Version : Epic BBL fishing 6/24-6/26

snl
06-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Arrived to Big Bear Lake Monday morning and went straight to my fishing spot. I started fishing from the dock using a night crawler under bobber. The first half hour was uneventful. But then it unexpectedly picked up. First I hooked up with a small bass that found my night crawler irresistible, and as soon as I let him go... his bigger cousin goes after the same crawler. Both bass were released safely (no pic left my camera in the cabin) At that point I was thinking there is no way it can get better than this, and when I was not paying attention I get a hard slam on my fishing rod...it felt like I hooked a freight train. I fought the fish for more tan 5 minutes on my South Bend rod equipped with a 4lb trout line... at the end I was victorious and landed a huge carp. (Carp is a keeper and a good meal :} ) In the evening I went to the same location for a night fishing session. Equipment was the same with one addition of a light stick to my bobber. Action was slow but did menage to land a couple of bull head catfish. (both fish were keepers)

Following day my mom decided to join in on the action and get herself a carp. With a quick trip to the tackle store and purchase of a 1 day license we were on the way to meet up with Big Bear Charter Fishing guide. Trolling for trout was very relaxing since I could kick back and relax and let the professional do all the work :) .But fishing was slow, in the first hour we only landed one small planter trout. So when our guide offered to switch from trolling pontoon for a bass boat I was inn. The bass boat was a blast!!! Just driving it on the lake to get to a fishing spot makes me want to put one on my wish list. With the guides help my mom landed her first bass! and many more pan fish. Fishing of the back of the boat I only managed to get 1 small pan fish :( but I am glad my mom had a blast. Quick shout out to our guide Aaron, thanks man. All of the fish caught were safely released into the wild, and yes trout to. Later that evening took my mom for a quick night fishing outing to the dock. The weather was perfect and the night sky was full of bright stars! Fishing started of slow with no bites. And when I was not expecting it I get another big hit on my rod. I knew right away it was another giant carp... fought him for about 2 minutes on my 4lb line until my line could not take it anymore and snapped right below the sinker. The carp put up a great fight and won, I am glad he got his freedom. While I was putting another hook on my line... my mom's rod gets big hit..it's another big carp. She started to fight him when her reel breaks and stops working. I jumped in and grabbed the line with my hands and assisted in landing her fish.

The next day we took slow with a night fishing outing that landed us another 2 catfish.41678416744167541676

catfishkid1
06-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Good job on getting ( landing ) moms carp!!