PDA

View Full Version : "Jitterbug bite" Friday 6-28-13

prankster13
06-28-2013, 12:26 PM
I got to the lake early and went to the wall. I threw an old "Jitterbug" that I had laying around and on the second cast of the morning I got this small bass on it. How cool it was to see that old lure catch fish again. I dug it out of a collection I have and put new hooks on it just to see what would happen. The water is pretty clear and warm, 78 degrees in some places. I left early but I saw some friends and they were catching bass on plastics. 41667

fishmounter
06-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Nice! I love the old Arbogast Jitterbugs. They work great at Perris along the weed lines. I don't know of any newer baits that have the unique action and sound of a Jitterbug.

HawgZWylde
06-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Lol, good job prankster. I still use some of my fathers old poppers and lures that I have no clue what they are called. A couple are 50+years old, but they do indeed still catch fish...

TroutOnly
06-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Jitter-buggs hula-poppers i was throwing those hawgz when you were in diapers,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,great job prankster busting out the old school,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

catfishkid1
06-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Old school lures bring out the veteran fish from deep waters:Guns::Death2Above::Sissy Fight:

HawgZWylde
06-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Jitter-buggs hula-poppers i was throwing those hawgz when you were in diapers,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,great job prankster busting out the old school,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey wait, did you just admit you've been lying about your age? If you were throwing those when I was in diapers, then if my facts are correct you would have been throwing them when you were 3 years old so unless you were potty trained very young, or YOU would have been in diapers still too! Lol. I'm going to post a pic in awhile and see if anyone can identify a couple of the lures that I have...

TroutOnly
07-01-2013, 07:10 AM
pat i started throwing those and catching bass with them when i was nine yrs old,,and i will be 59 in dec,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thadden@pga.com
07-01-2013, 11:10 AM
I got to the lake early and went to the wall. I threw an old "Jitterbug" that I had laying around and on the second cast of the morning I got this small bass on it. How cool it was to see that old lure catch fish again. I dug it out of a collection I have and put new hooks on it just to see what would happen. The water is pretty clear and warm, 78 degrees in some places. I left early but I saw some friends and they were catching bass on plastics. 41667

Hey Prankster, you seem to know this lake as good as anyone so I was hoping you could help me out. I work every morning so I can't make the early morning bite. Is it worth getting out past 3 pm for an evening bite? I'm driving out from the desert so I want to make sure the fish won't have lock jaw. Any recommendation would help. Thanks

HawgZWylde
07-01-2013, 01:06 PM
pat i started throwing those and catching bass with them when i was nine yrs old,,and i will be 59 in dec,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well I'm 53 so that makes me 5 at the time, I was well out of diapers by then. And I'm a December dude too. Hey Bob, when are you going to come down this way again?

HawgZWylde
07-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Hey Prankster, you seem to know this lake as good as anyone so I was hoping you could help me out. I work every morning so I can't make the early morning bite. Is it worth getting out past 3 pm for an evening bite? I'm driving out from the desert so I want to make sure the fish won't have lock jaw. Any recommendation would help. Thanks

My fishing partner and I almost always stay from opening to close.While the summer mid day bite can be hot and tedious to say the least, the late afternoon bite almost always picks up and in fact can sometimes be better than the morning bite. Keep in mind though, the lake closes at 6:30pm...

prankster13
07-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Thadden, the afternoon bite can be the best some times, especially if the wind is blowing a little. Get the wind to your back and go down the bank with your favorite lure, of course start at the point and work down if you can. Use the wind to your advantage.

dday07
07-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Night vision sucks now...love throwing jitterbug cause don't have to make sure technique perfect