PDA

View Full Version : A little help for a newbie.

GTboosted
06-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Hey guys me and a coworker are heading to Quail lake at 6pm and we are staying there to around 3am.

Well, I've there twice and not a single bite. We will be trying for both stripers and catfish with top water lures, fresh cut sardines, stinky dip, and chicken livers.
We fish where the aqueduct flows into the lake and was wondering what offers better fishing. The lake at the inlet or the aqueduct. Also, for the lake how far do you guys usually cast out if targeting catfish? For bait we use a carolina rig or the fish finder rig.

I know, I know many questions but I would like to bring a fish home from this area. I usually catch fish anywhere I go but nothing here even though we see fish jump left and right. My girlfriend is starting to make fun of me lol.

HawgZWylde
06-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Well, I've never fished Quail lake but if the fish are jumping all over the place I would throw top-water baits or small white swim-baits like a fluke or a Big Hammer on a led head for Stripey. Throw Senkos for the cats, it seems to work for me here at DVL. I'm not much of a cut bait guy...

GTboosted
06-28-2013, 04:14 PM
I'll give everything a try and report back.