PDA

View Full Version : SWAT Report during the SUPA MOON Cycle

Spaulding
06-27-2013, 09:29 AM
S- Steve
W-With
A- A
T- TOAD

My buddy whom I met at one of the pay lakes a few years back and now have become good friends, invited me to fish on his boat in search of some seabass. I dropped everything and said when and what time.
Anyways, we grabbed some squid and headed out. We got to the spot away from everyone and started fishing. We started out catching some barracuda and sandbass which was cool with me but, we really wanted the croaker. Next thing you know, I get a little peck peck on my slider setup and then it starts taking off. Didn't think it was gonna stop. Thing was heavy and it worked my scrawny ***** pretty good. ha ha. Finally start working it in and my bud gives it the hook and him and I hoist the beast into the boat. 15 minutes later my bud gets hammered on his dropper loop set up and he ends up with another one to the boat. I gaff it and that was it for the seabass for us. We called it a day at noon. Awesome half day of fishing. I cannot thank my friend enough for taking me out and putting us on these fish. Mine weighed in at 45lbs and change, my buds was around 38lbs.

FKNChristopH
06-27-2013, 11:39 AM
LOL "peck peck" means vagina in Filipino.

Good stuff on the ghosts!

*shakka*

Jig-Guy
06-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Wow you can not beat that Steve:Big Grin:. Thanks for the report and picture of your toad:EyePop:.

bachiboy
06-28-2013, 12:38 AM
NICE!!!! Gotta love a short successful search and destroy mission like that. Funny how those ghosts have a tendency to "peck" at the squirts like a damned perch, then....ZZZZINGGGG!!!! Looks like a trout, bites like a trout I guess.:LOL:

Congrats!
Don

DockRat
06-28-2013, 06:06 AM
Congrats, you guys scored.
DR

Spaulding
06-29-2013, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the responses. I finally realized why I got lucky. I was wearing my lucky $65.00 2013 Big Bear Lake May Classic hat that I received with our entry! Here is one more pic of this beast.

@bachiboy-I thought the same thing in regards to the trout only the WSB are like a treat for dinner. Could eat that everynight..ha ha

catfishkid1
06-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Good job on the WSB, and like most real fishermen being able to drop what you're doing at the drop of a hat and go fishing.

What kind of boat ( and size ) were you guys fisging off of?

Spaulding
06-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks. It's a trophy 22ftr.

TroutOnly
07-06-2013, 10:46 AM
WAY TO SLAY CAPT-SPAULDING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,

Spaulding
07-08-2013, 08:04 AM
LOL. Thanks Bob.