PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake Shore Fishing

SCreef
06-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Hi I'm going up to Gull lake in the middle of July and was wondering if there was shoreline fishing available? If so, does anyone have recommendations? Any tips on lures or bait? Thank you so much.

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
07-02-2013, 12:27 PM
yes you can fish from shore, i would use nightcrawlers dipped in some sort of attractant. throw some spinners too

good luck!

JAG107
07-02-2013, 05:38 PM
You can take the narrow dirt road to the car-top launch ramp that is farther north on the 168 (if you are passing June, then Gull, it's around the corner before Silver Lake) it's on the right, and there's some good shore access there.

phishin phool
07-02-2013, 08:15 PM
You can take the narrow dirt road to the car-top launch ramp that is farther north on the 168 (if you are passing June, then Gull, it's around the corner before Silver Lake) it's on the right, and there's some good shore access there.
yep x2 on what Jag said that is a good spot as well as the park by marina. Ive seen shore guys do well there too.

socal114
07-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Hi I'm going up to Gull lake in the middle of July and was wondering if there was shoreline fishing available? If so, does anyone have recommendations? Any tips on lures or bait? Thank you so much.
Usually fish Gull 8+ times a season and you can't go wrong w/powerbait from shore. Salmon peach and any of the garlic scents (light colors) seem to always be on their recommendation board. If you can swing a boat I would recommend it to cover much more water. Ask the guys at the marina what's hot when you get there...Good guys and very helpful. Be careful with what the "Phool" recommends, he's a tube primadonna and I don't think he's fished from shore in years. :)

SCreef
07-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help! I've fished June a few times but haven't fished Gull so I'm excited.