PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman's Retreat... 15 minutes of SLAYAGE

sumodnb
06-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Hit the retreat today at 5 am, caught two dinks by 9 am then nothing but weeds all day. Then at 655pm on the dot the main lake catches FIRE!! Caught 8 bass in 10 casts all quality, healthy, crazy fighting fish in the 2 to 4 pound range on the trusty spinnerbait on the bank adjacent to the members lake, the guy next to me nailed 12!!! then at 710pm shuts off like a light. One of the most exciting things to happen to me in a long while, I won't forget it for sure.... well worth enduring the hot day of ****** fishing. Now I know, in the summertime, get there at 6pm leave at 8pm happy :Razz:

fishincouple
06-26-2013, 09:16 AM
SWEET!! Nice job! Thanks for the report.

sumodnb
07-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Hit the retreat yesterday from 6am to 8pm. Bite on the top lake is non existent, catfish anglers throwing too much bait into the water i presume. Main lake is where its at..... spinner bite has slowed but is still there, but THE bait of choice right now is the swim jig with a swim bait trailer. I used a green pumpkin half ounce jig with some chartruese strands in it and a 5 inch green pumpkin grass pig and the bass could not resist it, freakin hammered it all day long. I love this bait because if you miss a strike swimmin it you can pitch it right back in and work like a regular jig... i even punched mats with it and pulled out a monster over 6 pounds right on the bank, I have absolute confidence in this bait right now. Finished the day with 27 fish, most from 2-4 pounds with 2 over 5. I even caught a huge bullfrog with the swim jig lol. Great day on the pond, more productive than any spring day i had, and much more satisfying because those swim jig strikes are super violent. I used to fish the big lakes from the bank but I am very happy just fishing the retreat now..... No more posting about my awesome 3 fish days at Lake Perris or DVL, I would rather catch 20+ and not deal with the B.S. And i have seen 10-12 pounders in here, one day imma get me one woot!!

GTboosted
07-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Where is this place?
Your report makes me want to check it out! lol

quix
07-13-2013, 03:08 PM
It's in Redlands. I think it's a pay lake. Don't know their prices.

sumodnb
07-14-2013, 08:55 PM
In Redlands on timeteo canyon. 15 bucks for 12 hours.