PDA

View Full Version : Perchin for S.W.A.T. points

skunked4life
06-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Soooo, after a 2 week hiatus from surf fishing, I needed to get out there for my rookie brothers. I knew that I was not likely to guaranty a legal butt or any other high scoring fish this trip so I headed to my new perch spot. I figured, an induction fish could be lurking even if it was just a perch...

Date: 06/23
AO: somewhat secret (but not really)
Gear: LC's on my baitcast set-up
Conditions: incoming high tide on the super moon, very little salad and warm waters
Time: 6am to 8am

I thought that my younger S.W.A.T. brothers would come through and go fishing with me, but you know kids...they wanted to drink the night before. I understand, not so long ago, I was the same way, no hard feelings. As long as you guys were safe and happy, there is always a next time.

Last minute, I get a call from a friend of mine to tag along and of course I say ok.

We got to the AO and there wree already a couple of guys busy fishing. I said hi, but no one seemed too interested in shooting the breeze. Can't blame them...its fishin time!

First cast, and I get some small perch bumps all the way up to the sand. Nice! I wanted to go further south, but my friend was adamant that we stay put. Half hour later, nothing, so I move to my desired location. Actually my desired location was the wall of a cliff where the tide movement would entice the fishies to congregate and feed, but there were a couple of surfers hugging the wall. Wow! That is dangerous! Anyways, I get close and start to cast. I instantly hook up. 13 inch bsp. Not bad. This guy was fat though! Next cast, 14 inch bsp. Yippee! I am on the board with 2 points! I see my friend just give up so I walk all the way back to encourage him to keep trying. He was fishing with blood worms. C'mon, how can you not catch perch with blood worms when the conditions are perfect for bsp??? I get him down to my spot and tell him to cast in the hole that I was casting. Instant hook up and he catches a 15 inch model. Did you hear that? My induction fish!!! Oh well, better karma to spread the love than to harbor ill-feelings. He stayed and I moved. A couple of csts later, I get slammed. As I am reeling this bad boy in, I realize that it is either a big perch or a halibut. I farm it in close to my feet to confirm my suspicions and it was a short (or really close to legal) but as the last wave came in, I got unbuttoned. I get hooked by the LC on my wedding ring. That was just weird. three sets of trebles and not one puncture wound on my hand...just hooked clean on my wedding ring and on my wedding anniversary to boot! Omen? I move further up to try for calicos and as I get about waist deep, I get rolled by a rogue wave. Are you kidding me? again!?!? miraculously, I stayed dry inside and he new phone was kept safe by a great waterproof case given to me by my good friend bachiboy. Thanks Don. Looks like the Good Lord blessed me all morning long!

We ended the short trip because it was time to get ready for church. We go to the same church together so this was a really convenient trip for the both of us.

No pics today . . .sorry, but I was just so busy trying to earn some points and contribute to my team.

bachiboy
06-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Dude, nice little session...minus getting swamped of course. Glad you had that dry bag to keep the new phone safe or Arthur may have had to create a new category on the SWAT leader board...most cell phones drowned.:LOL: Nice job on the piggy points. This month has been a little tough with your depleted team but it'll all be a new ball game next month. I'll be interested in "watching" it unfold. Who knows, the wife actually told me to go out and fish while I was staring out the hospital window today, so maybe I won't be completely useless as a teammate in the coming weeks.:Big Grin:

Hope to see you out there again soon!
Don

Badbeat
06-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Nice job man, only 1 inch shy of your induction Perch. Hang in there, I'm sure you will do it soon. :Wink:
Getting rolled is no fun, and I speak from experience. :LOL:

SP Dan
06-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Hey Brotha skunked4life,

Most of the time I prefer a natural release and a look rather than to have to handle every fish that I lip pierce. :Smile: It's just easier!
If it was short ... there was no need to drag it up on the sand :EyePop: for a photo op! We've all seen our share of shorts!
Just ask fishshep! :ROFL: Ha ha ha!

It was good to hear that you convinced your good buddy to hang in there and as a result you put him on some quality fish! :Thumbs Up:
That's good "Karma" Sir!

Well Brotha, I need to hurry along ... thanx for the fun read with pic's! :Cool:
I hope to hook it up with you in the salt soon!

SP Dan <"))><

Wingnut
06-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Hey Ken, all you have to do is catch about 36 more 14"+ Perch to catch up to us Old Folks. :LOL: :Big Smile: :Neener Neener:
Keep at it... that "Induction" fish is out there waiting for you. :Big Grin:

Competition Update - As of 6/26/13
Team Veterans - 89 Points
Team Rookies - 16 Points

dlmoo312
06-27-2013, 12:46 AM
Sorry for being so MIA this month :Neutral:
As you know I've been pretty busy with travel, school apps, and family, but I'm hoping to be free to fish more this coming month!
Thanks for getting out there and putting a couple more points on the board for the youngins!
Hope you had a great anniversary and hope to fish with you soon bro :Smile:

-Daniel

Matt22
06-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Hey i have a question i was wondering how could i could post something on here im new to this

bloox8
06-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Sorry for bailing on you that Sunday! I really wanted to go but I forgot it was my friend's birthday and you know how that goes. Theres no telling when I'd wake up the next day :Confused: I am glad you still got to go out and put some points on the board (even though we got owned pretty darn bad).

Let me know the next time you head out.

Thien

P.S. I know you heard about the great news that Arthur pm'd us. WOW! :Big Grin:

troublehook
06-28-2013, 05:30 PM
You got some points, but a little too late. The old farts are no joke. Two months in a row. :Spank:
Good luck on getting your induction fish soon man. :Cool: