PDA

View Full Version : crank bait bite Monday 6-24-13

prankster13
06-24-2013, 03:06 PM
I was the first boat on the lake today and it was full June Gloom, perfect for what I wanted to do and that is throw crank baits. I went south and started to throw cranks along the rock walls, got bit right away on some small bass. I kept going to rock walls and throwing the little Fat Rap right up next to the rocks and getting bit all day doing this same pattern were ever there was a rock wall including the west dam and the rock quarry. All together I got 36 fish up to 3lbs but most were smaller and41640 allot of fun. Lost a nice bass on a top water but that bite was slow so I stuck to the cranks and had a great day.

HawgZWylde
06-24-2013, 06:07 PM
36 fish? Bam, you killed em prank! Good job out there dude! We're going out tomorrow and this post has got me all worked up. I hope the clouds hang tomorrow...

elbowlayer
06-24-2013, 06:51 PM
I dont think i catch 36 in a month! Good job buddy, I hope I have a day like this soon.

prankster13
06-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks Hawgz, It was crazy until the clouds went away and it just stopped. It stayed cloudy till about 11:30 and then I went home, I was whooped and feeling pretty good about what had just went down. Weird how that happens but they like the cloud cover.41641

skatino
06-24-2013, 11:19 PM
I had days last summer where you could pull up on the dams and bang squarebills on the rocks with very similar results....just waiting to get a chance to where the rocks are clean enough. You will be amazed that sometimes in the middle of a sunny day, you can pull up and start smashing fish. My personal weapon of choice is a 1.5 KVD squarebill in bluegill, but I haven't had the chance to really get them on it this year.

Great job out there...your post makes me wish I had played hooky from work to go fishing! Keep it up and keep them reports coming. I will be out there on Friday fun fishing with a guy from the boards, then again on Saturday as a part of the Anglers Marine Customer Appreciation Tournament. I will probably head on over to Skinner on Sunday to prefish a club tournament. Hope to catch up with you guys out there soon.

Steve

prankster13
06-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Glad you mentioned that you got fish on sunny days because it shut off Monday when the sun came out. I used a Rapala Shad Rap on the dam but I fished it out away from the bank because of the moss growing on the rocks kept clogging up the lure when I got too close. I will sure go back to the dam and the rock walls with my crank bait even if the sun is shining. I hardly ever throw cranks and that is why I was so pumped that I caught all those fish on it. I told myself this year I would throw more cranks and now I'm sorting through all my baits getting them in order to use them much more this summer. Thanks for the tip Steve, I will sure use cranks more now even on sunny days.