PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing LB 6/22

madbass
06-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Wneot out to LB again with my brother and tried for some butts but got no love. forgot my LC's at home so all we had were swimbaits. tossed the baits around for a bit but got no love. saw some big beans in the surf probably like 5lbers, these things had some shoulders.
fished for 3 hours and nada so we decided to head over to the jetty and try our luck there. i was using a 3 inch swimabit and 1/4 oz hammer head and got nailed but a nice figthing spotty. this thing pulled drag like a a yellow. i was using 20lb braid and 8lb leader. as i was fighting my fish when all of the sudden my brother gets nailed big time, now he's on a spotty but his drag was a bit lose and lost the fish. thank goodness for my fish or else we could have gone home with a stripe on our backs. it was fun and hopefully i'll nail that butt. the weather was absloutley nice!
enjoy the pictures.

side note: did some bassing at a local quarry and my buddy killed the bass, i got one but he was on fire.

bachiboy
06-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Nice goin to beat the stripe Alex. Great looking bass...both SW and FW.:Wink:

Don

Badbeat
06-25-2013, 04:30 PM
That's a nice Spottie bro and Largemouths too.

madbass
06-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Nice goin to beat the stripe Alex. Great looking bass...both SW and FW.:Wink:

Don

Thank Don. Haven't had much time to fish lately but I hope I'm done with all the honey dos.
Hopefully I get a chance to hit the surf this weekend.

madbass
06-26-2013, 02:27 PM
That's a nice Spottie bro and Largemouths too.

Thanks badbeat. That spotty fought like a yellow. It reminded me a smallie, they fight pretty hard as well.
Hopeful ill be back at LB this weekend trying for a sport or butt.

Wingnut
06-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Yes, those Spotties can really pull! :Twisted:
Good luck and be careful out there this weekend, swells are projected to pick up a bit. :Wink:

madbass
06-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Yes, those Spotties can really pull! :Twisted:
Good luck and be careful out there this weekend, swells are projected to pick up a bit. :Wink:

thanks for the heads up Arthur, will keep my eyes open for sure.
youre right, those spotties do pull hard. they are really fun. i'll be out again trying for that ever elusive butt and maybe some corbina as ive been seeing some big ones crusing the shore line.

good luck out there and have a safe 4th.

alex.