PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 6/22 new PB LMB

P.A.W.
06-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Lake is up around 5 feet and thinking the tulies were newly flooded I decided to go straight to Largemouth instead of morning stripers. Started throwing frogs and was getting swirls and blowups but no hookups until I hit a shallow cover area. Maybe two or three feet of water. Tossed the frog in and BAM! Thank God for braid. Was able to pull her out of the moss and weeds. 9 1/2 pounds.

So on to stripers. I did some trolling after 10:00 and was finding isolated schools but the bite was just here and there. I know a guy who hit the inlet early and boated a bunch of 1-2 pounders. After that they scattered. If you're diligent you can take a mess home.

HawgZWylde
06-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Nice fish Pat, good job!

P.A.W.
06-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Hey thanks Hawgz. A couple years ago I started out to learn this bass fishing thing and got sidetracked by Mr. Stripey. I need to spend a little more quality time with each discipline (frogs, jigs, cranks etc..) Summer just seems to be a good time for this. :)

TroutOnly
06-22-2013, 06:15 PM
NICE HOG PATTY-BOY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

P.A.W.
06-23-2013, 01:47 PM
4163241632Rather than start a new thread I'll just add 6/23 here. Lots of boat traffic early, but no one (but Oscar and me) went to the inlet. We were welcomed with wide open action. All small except the one that straightened my hooks on my LC pointer. Went in search of LMB and found some. Hitting frogs and Senkos. Trolling was still producing fish right up until I left at noon.
Here's a pic of a 5 ponder caught on Senko...

MikesOcean
06-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Great job P.A.W!

You are gonna have to ask the webmaster for your own section at Skinner!!

I wish I fished Skinner, you are always giving informative information. I am sure the regulars are always reading your report!

Great job and keep slaying! :)

Oh... And nice job on the fat bass.
Mike

DBass
06-24-2013, 05:13 PM
congrats on the PB and thanks for sharing!

HawgZWylde
06-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Hey thanks Hawgz. A couple years ago I started out to learn this bass fishing thing and got sidetracked by Mr. Stripey. I need to spend a little more quality time with each discipline (frogs, jigs, cranks etc..) Summer just seems to be a good time for this. :)

I love mixing it up, that's what makes it fun. Catching them is the icing on the cake...