PDA

View Full Version : 6/21/13 at pudd

dday07
06-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Skunked! done with the lake for now...anyone hit santa fe dam lately? anything happening bass wise?

smokinflies
06-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Whats up with pudd?

BUSTER124
06-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Took my buddy's boat out to see what's up. Nothing, Not a bite.. We threw the tackle box at them and nothing. Only saw one decent fish. Water is gin clear, 79 degree surface temps and a full moon the past few nights.. On the good side.. We saw a ton of bass fry.. anywhere from 2"-3". Saw a ton of shad fry on the east side in the shallows by the rv park. But the shad fry were 1 to 1 1/4 inch size.. Tiny.. That big winter die off might be affecting the fishing too... (if you didn't know, thousands of bass died this winter,, lack of oxygen in the water according to F&G.. My buddy was there and said it was amazing.. Fish floating as far as you could see.. They scooped the dead ones and hauled them out in large trash trucks.. I never did see anything in the news about the die off... Looks like its going to be Irvine until the shad get a little bigger...

bassfishing24/7
06-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Skunked! done with the lake for now...anyone hit santa fe dam lately? anything happening bass wise?
Sfd has also been slow for bass...best bet would be to hit the quarry....

I*B*CATCHIN
06-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Took my buddy's boat out to see what's up. Nothing, Not a bite.. We threw the tackle box at them and nothing. Only saw one decent fish. Water is gin clear, 79 degree surface temps and a full moon the past few nights.. On the good side.. We saw a ton of bass fry.. anywhere from 2"-3". Saw a ton of shad fry on the east side in the shallows by the rv park. But the shad fry were 1 to 1 1/4 inch size.. Tiny.. That big winter die off might be affecting the fishing too... (if you didn't know, thousands of bass died this winter,, lack of oxygen in the water according to F&G.. My buddy was there and said it was amazing.. Fish floating as far as you could see.. They scooped the dead ones and hauled them out in large trash trucks.. I never did see anything in the news about the die off... Looks like its going to be Irvine until the shad get a little bigger...
Micro fishing on the fry ...:LOL: don't give up you need some better intel ...my local pond has been a skunk fest for me to , but that just makes me try , try & try agin ....ive seen big fish .....maybe try carp fishing there you might have better luck ...remember to catch & release.....ghetto carpin club member...GCC