PDA

View Full Version : Why fish when you can SWAT it!!!!!!!!!

Nipple Twister
06-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Today was my regular day off but I made some plans to run some errands but had a few hours available this morning before hand. With a quick scan of Swellwatch and Magic Seaweed for condition predictions I made a selection in the So Bay area to make my attack. With limited time it was my intent to make it a hard assult to cover as much shoreline as possible. Go hard or stay on the porch huh?

Date: Friday, June 21, 2013
Time: 0500-0930
A.O: So Bay area beaches
Weather: Clear and mild, very minimal breeze
Water: Seemed warmer
Clarity: Very Good to Fair
Tide: + 1ft incoming
Bait: Lucky Craft Flashminnow tied to "50lb" PowerPro aqua green braid recently spooled to a Daiwa Luna 253L attached to a 7 ft Carrot Stix
LC's lost: 0 yippee......

I have not had the best of results at this AO but based on some new Intel from my favorite Col. and my tried and true good luck Buddha combined with the conditions I decided to give it another attempt. Walkin accross the sand to the waters edge at greylight there was some chest high surf but still glassy enough and long enough intervals for some decent casting.........get to flinging, water seemed clear and very minimal salad......every 8-10 retrieves brings some salad but with the incoming tide there where some nice swirling waters getting deeper and really looking fishy. 'Bout 30 mins into it I had made my way down the beach I noticed another angler near where I had started. From that distance and my bad vision I couldn't tell who it was so I just went back to flinging.....Sorry Don! Was good to "hear" from ya........lol.
I had a good amount of time available and if this turned out to be an epic session I could easily dedicate the entire day to it but none the less I was watching the time and planning my turnaround point, fllinging here and there, got some new tunes loaded in the Shuffle kept me going and zoned in on my own little world. Clean retrieves and the incoming tide fills the trenches in very nicely........overhead depths just feet from me running the entire beach length.....yeah soooo nice......getting a few bumps here and there but nothing sticking. Working what appeared to be the deepest part and a good current moving by I get hooked up but not tug or shake.....I stall for a couple seconds while keeping it tight and wait to see what it wants to do ........with a short swing I feel a good hook set and it FISH ON!!!!!!!! Almost to fast to believe this nice 23" Flatty slides up the beach:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/null_zpsc7639e8a.jpg (http://s173.photobucket.com/user/nippletwister_photos/media/Fishing/null_zpsc7639e8a.jpg.html)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/null_zps31e7673a.jpg (http://s173.photobucket.com/user/nippletwister_photos/media/Fishing/null_zps31e7673a.jpg.html)
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/null_zps87d1ce23.jpg (http://s173.photobucket.com/user/nippletwister_photos/media/Fishing/null_zps87d1ce23.jpg.html)

With this fish making my morning and SCORING SOME POINTS FOR THE OL' GUYS I made this my turn around point so with a few photos I decided to put this Halibut on the table for my sisters son's birthday dinner, he'll dig it.........

Water was starting to get a little cloudy but the tide still coming in there was still plenty of holes holding fish I'm sure. Making my way back to the LZ and music blarring in my head I made short order of that section of beach so I stalled a bit before walking off and it paid off.........right in the deep water BAM, FISH ON! This was hard to say what it was, made a hard pull and really fight back and forth I had to move fast to keep up........couple of nicely timed waves and:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/null_zps59616a4d.jpg (http://s173.photobucket.com/user/nippletwister_photos/media/Fishing/null_zps59616a4d.jpg.html)

A nice FAT YFC.........yeah cool.......couple of quick pics and unbuttoned to back to water for another day...........

Thankful for todays bounty I walked off the beach with a ear to ear grin.....good times, good times indeed............
SWAT Command Central had put the word out that the Drone reported points where scored by the Ol' Guys for which a couple of the SWAT brotheren called my cell with accolades.........thanks fellas, but truely if not for you all I would not be here today.............ain't it cool :Thumbs Up:

Thanks for reading......'til next time, tight lines.........

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/4f0d250d-021a-4a0c-89f3-ee1c23eed13c_zps003da0e9.jpg (http://s173.photobucket.com/user/nippletwister_photos/media/Fishing/4f0d250d-021a-4a0c-89f3-ee1c23eed13c_zps003da0e9.jpg.html)

bachiboy
06-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Wow, I figure I'll sneak in a session before the weekend and finished up my work late last night. When I get to the spot, I see a person, the ONLY other person on the beach, fishing about 100 yards away. I figure, well, I was gonna go north but I'll let this guy have his space and work south. After a while, I start thinking, "you know, just my luck it's gonna turn out to be someone I know or wanted to meet from FNN." Then I get the text from command that you were on the same beach and had gotten that fish. Damn it, I knew I shoulda just cut you off and worked ahead of you.:ROFL: Nah, good times man. Glad you were able to get out there and score.:Thumbs Up: I just wish I had gotten to fish with you again. Serves me right for being unsocial. Great fish, but it can't hold a candle to the BEAST I caught...

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r627/bachidym/The_Beast_zpsbe1936bc.jpg (http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/bachidym/media/The_Beast_zpsbe1936bc.jpg.html)

It had to be what...one third the size of your fish? I'm lucky I got away with all my limbs after wrestling this monster to the beach.:Rolls Eyes::Embarrassed: Oh well, it's still a point for the Old Guys!!!

Congrats man! Hope you keep it up and have a banner year!
Don

skunked4life
06-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Wow! That AO never seemed too fishy to me...great job john! Thats a solid legal bro. Nice to see the old guys pullin through but its like the NBA finals, the veteran spurs thought they had a safe bet going into game 7 and then guess what!?!? The young brought the heat!

Now you guys know that we are extremely short on staff this month. Jason and daniel are on the DL and i dont know whats going on with TN.

Don, sir...you should get points for the most fish caught overall. You are making up major ground on those skunk months earlier this year. Way to go brothers!

Or should i say grand fathers...

Bob_B
06-22-2013, 12:31 AM
Nice legal and that is some good looking water behind you.

Which Way Out
06-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Keep it up John. We all know I am no help this year so far.

WWO

PONTOON
06-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Great job on the halibut John! :Cool:

Regardless of the reports and regardless of the conditions you gotta "fish like you don't care" and "you'll never catch fish without a line in the water". :Thumbs Up:

Wingnut
06-22-2013, 04:34 PM
10 more points for the Geritol Gang! :Dancing Banana:
Nice job John...
I want to hit the surf tomorrow, but not sure where with this funky tide and moon cycle. :Shocked:

Competition Update - As of 6/22/13
Team Veterans - 39 Points
Team Rookies - 9 Points

murrieta angler
06-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Nice flatty John! :Big Grin:
I'm glad you, Terry and Don are helping to keep "The Prize" on our side of the hill...:Envious:
I am going to get out tomorrow, I just don't know what time.
Sheila wants to hit the beach, so it will be a shorts day..:Wink:
Take Care Bro,
Robert
<><

bloox8
06-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Way to find a flatty at that wide open AO. I might try a spot further up north some time this month.

Now you guys know that we are extremely short on staff this month. Jason and daniel are on the DL and i dont know whats going on with TN.

I have a lot of stuff going on right now. I think I have one or two white hair on my head now :LOL:

dlmoo312
06-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Nice legal, John! I'm sure it was a tasty meal for the fam!

-Daniel

bbqsushi
06-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Way to go John! Sweet legal!! I love the last pic. Nice POV with the freeze motion of the water in the BG!! See ya soon!

Badbeat
06-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Nice legal Halibut man, those are hard to come by lately.
Looks like the Veterans will take it down again this month. :Big Grin:

trollmiester
06-26-2013, 08:55 AM
man thats a nice flat one,betcha it tasted sooooo goooooooooooood ,good job buddy.

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
06-26-2013, 09:30 AM
very nice fish !

SP Dan
06-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Sir Nipple Twister,

Congratulations on beaching yet another fat legal for the ol' boys at the SWAT retirement home! :Big Grin: Got to love them points!
I had to look twice at the girthy belly on your beached YFC! A very nice feesh also Sir!

Well it's good to see that you've been attacking the enemy persistently in their own trenches :Guns:and taking numbers! WTG!!

Thanx John for another well written fish report! :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan <"))><

Nipple Twister
07-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Bachiboy posted:

"you know, just my luck it's gonna turn out to be someone I know or wanted to meet from FNN." Then I get the text from command that you were on the same beach and had gotten that fish.

Hahahahahaha, too damn funny.......when I saw someone walk out from the sand I couldn't tell who it was and at that range I can usually tell if it's a fellow SWAT member by the backpac outline but you said later that you went "Ultra-Light" and skipped the extra gear for this session.
Well, it's a coin toss as to which way is best at that AO 'cause I think it happens equally either section.....

thx for posting the kind words my friend.......hope to SEE you again soon.......

S4L cried:

Now you guys know that we are extremely short on staff this month. Jason and daniel are on the DL and i dont know whats going on with TN. :Smack:Shut up and fish!

Hahahaha, just kidding Ken.......thx for readin my stuff and commenting.......

Somehow I think kickin your butt repeatedly still won't dull that tongue any huh???

see ya soon Ken.....

Bob_B wrote:

Nice legal and that is some good looking water behind you.

Thx Bob....appreciate it...

WWO said:

We all know I am no help this year so far.

Billy, it's a team thing, we got ya covered bro......

Pontoon advises:

Regardless of the reports and regardless of the conditions you gotta "fish like you don't care"

...and dance like nobodys watchin.......thx Kemo.....see you Thurs.....epic dude, gonna be epic!!!!!

Wingnut says:

Nice job John...

Thank You Sir......your Commandness........lol, Have a Happy 4th.........join us Thurs AM?

Murrieta Angler wrote:

Nice flatty John! :Big Grin:
I'm glad you, Terry and Don are helping to keep "The Prize" on our side of the hill...:Envious:

No worries Bro.........thx and see you soon.........

Bloox8 added:

Way to find a flatty at that wide open AO.

Thx young man, heard you did well in the legal dept recently, no induction fish?????

dlmoo312 posted:

Nice legal, John! I'm sure it was a tasty meal for the fam!

Thanks Danial.....yup, tacos all around to some that never get a chance to have fresh caught fish..........

BBQSushi said:

Way to go John! Sweet legal!! I love the last pic. Nice POV with the freeze motion of the water in the BG!! See ya soon!

Thx Nate........it was one last shot that I just said BAM and took it........

BAdbeat said:

Looks like the Veterans will take it down again this month. :Big Grin:

Thx bro.........yup, looks like it........:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Trolly wrote:

man thats a nice flat one,betcha it tasted sooooo goooooooooooood ,good job buddy

Yeah buddy it did.........right from your stomping grounds .........thx Bro....

CNHF said:

very nice fish !

Thank You Sir....thank you very much....

SPDan added:

Thanx John for another well written fish report! :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan <"))><

Thx Dan, always good to hear from you brother.......always good, Have a Happy Holiday.......

LGHT
07-01-2013, 06:15 PM
10 more points for the Geritol Gang! :Dancing Banana:
Nice job John...
I want to hit the surf tomorrow, but not sure where with this funky tide and moon cycle. :Shocked:

Competition Update - As of 6/22/13
Team Veterans - 39 Points
Team Rookies - 9 Points

How does the comp work? I've been wanting to try my luck in the surf since it's so nice out and I miss harbor fishing. Could I use my offshore jigging / popping gear?