PDA

View Full Version : Lower Owens

DanKBecker
04-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Heading up to the owens this weekend and just wondering how the fishing is. I have only fished there a few times and only produced small DFG stockers, so any advie to get the larger ones would be great. Also, does anyone know if we are aloud to camp at lower owens...probably not but thought I would ask.

EMarty
04-25-2007, 10:18 PM
You can camp below Pleasent Valley Res. along the river. As for the River there is special regulations near the camp sites, so read them before you fish. So long as your not in the "catch & release" area, try a small floating rapala. Watch it drift down current near bushes or stick-ups... put the reel in gear and just hold for a few seconds... then crank real slow... your sure to meet up with Mr. Brown.

Joshua
04-25-2007, 11:11 PM
The general trout season opens on Saturday. Why limit yourself to the lower owens. There are hundreds of miles of creeks,stream and lakes opening up,. Get out and find them fish

Sierra_Smitty
04-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Dude, you're crazy if you spend all of you time fishing the lower owens. It's open year around and quite frankly, doesn't come close to the fishing you'll find in most of the higher elevation lakes and streams.

Joshua
04-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Dude, you're crazy if you spend all of you time fishing the lower owens. It's open year around and quite frankly, doesn't come close to the fishing you'll find in most of the higher elevation lakes and streams.
See ya on Saturday. may stop by on Friday night

DanKBecker
04-28-2007, 01:49 PM

trust me, i fully understand what you are saying. However, something came up and I wasnt able to head up there at all. I live in Ridgecrest and I was looking for something a little closer. I usually fish the upper lakes (Lundy, Gull, Rock Creek...) but I am not a big fan of the crouds on opening day. Guess it is off to the kern for a feww hours....

Hitts0n
04-30-2007, 07:49 AM
:thumb: