PDA

View Full Version : First time at Irvine Lake

JULIO L
06-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Next Friday my 9 year old son and I are going to Irvine lake. Any tips on Fishing the Kids Lagoon???

vdubfiend
06-21-2013, 09:12 AM
It's pretty small so anywhere should be good. I've taken my kids there a few times when we only had 2-3 hours to fish... Right next to the picnic bench (small point there) - that is usually a good spot...
Get a frozen mackerel from bait shop and you're all all set. Be sure to ask the guys in the tackle shop... Always helpful in there...
Have fun!

If you live near a ranch 99 or similar type of grocery store you can get fresh mackerel for really cheap

etucker1959
06-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Next Friday my 9 year old son and I are going to Irvine lake. Any tips on Fishing the Kids Lagoon???

In fishing with children you really want them to catch fish. In other words always do your due diligence to insure a successful trip. In your case try to get verification that the Kids Lagoon was stocked that week prior to your arrival at Irvine lake. You can do that in several different ways and FNN is a great source for doing that. Good Luck and I hope you catch a bunch.

pho boy
06-22-2013, 01:46 PM
alway ask irvine staff where the fish are they really want you to catch fish .