PDA

View Full Version : bow fishing?

yoitsbruce
06-20-2013, 12:40 PM
i have a kingfisher bow is there anywhere i can use this to catch fish in so cal. i got this from bps
and so far have used it as a regular recurve bow. its awesome and cheap but i am curious to where i can
shoot fish, all i have head was big bear, and if they know your have a bow they wont rent you a boat.
rumors i dont know. but do any of you been and know of any other spots around socal?

Skyler
06-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Big Bear is where it's at. Other spots are Henshaw, Elsinore, and Hemet. As for the boat rental thing, I have not heard of this. But I shoot from shore there. If you do rent a boat, you will want a pontoon or some other stable craft you can stand on. If you want to learn some good areas and techniques for shore/wade stalking, hit me up. I'm up there almost every weekend and know where the fish are.

DirtyDave413
06-21-2013, 12:18 AM
There are many miles of shoreline at BBL that you can shoot. But you can rent a boat if you want. I have rented pontoons from BB Marina and they had no problem with bowfishing from their boats.

The Tournament is this weekend. Put down $40 and shoot some carp. Might win something in the raffle.
http://www.bbmwd.com/Carp_Roundup.html

yoitsbruce
06-21-2013, 12:40 AM
seems bbl is the only place to shoot carp. so its a no go at local city parks

DirtyDave413
06-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Big Bear
Elsinore
Lake Isabella
Lake Henshaw
Colorado River
El Capitan
Hodges
Otay
San Vicente
Sutherland
Any Canals that are outside city limits.