PDA

View Full Version : Return to the Duct 6/19/13

FishingwithDave
06-19-2013, 03:48 PM
After returning from a 3 day invasion of SWAT territory where I got in a couple of days of surf fishing and a 3/4 day charter out of Dana Harbor, I needed to hit the Duct. Got out early and was fishing by 4:30am. It was a pretty tough day of fishing, but with some assistance from one of the Bako Boys, I avoided the skunk and landed 3 with an 18 and 20 incher for dinner tonight. Fished until about 2pm.

Gates were wide open this morning and then started closing down around 6:00ish. Water continued to flow and never shut down completely. Could be because of a gate issue that I came across.

It was really a great day as far as weather goes in the south valley area. I was actually a little light on clothing this morning until the sun came up and was in the mid 70's. Wind was sort of an issue early in the day and not so much from about 8am on. Water was fairly dirty and moss was more of an issue when the water flow was higher.

For those who hunt, ran into a couple of nice sized coveys of quail and a lot of cotton tails. Also ran into those huge carp cruising the shores in the early afternoon. Almost had a taker, but he didn't totally commit to the 3" crank I ran by him and he was able to spit it out.

Double A
06-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Nice job Dave.
I was out yesterday and saw that gate issue.
It was definately a slow grind.
At least you got dinner.
Thanks for the report, and welcome home (duct)

Fishin4runner
06-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Nice job, way to beat the skunk. Just curious but how was the surf & charter?

cutbait
06-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Nicely some dave

FishingwithDave
06-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Nice job, way to beat the skunk. Just curious but how was the surf & charter?

So so on the surf and lots of sub-legals on the deep sea. Pulled a few up on butterfly jigs and a couple on some LC 110s. Everything else on Chovies.

dk4885
06-19-2013, 09:00 PM
About time you post a duct report. Good job