PDA

View Full Version : 06/18 and19/13 at pudd

dday07
06-19-2013, 02:44 PM
4156641567got these 2 on tue. evening and skunked this morn. plenty of baitfish but bass hard to find...seems with all this clear water maybe there feeding more at night..just tough

I*B*CATCHIN
06-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Nice bass ...skunk happens:Confused:

old pudd fisher
06-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Nice ones ! Just can't find the time to get there these days. I hear that the water is very clear and wonder why ? That's not normal for the Pudd.

hamdenst
06-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Nice ones ! Just can't find the time to get there these days. I hear that the water is very clear and wonder why ? That's not normal for the Pudd.

i don't know much about them but i have heard that the quagga/zebra mussels clear up the water? are there any in the pudd? i too noticed this past weekend that the water was exceptionally clear.

old pudd fisher
06-20-2013, 08:35 PM
i don't know much about them but i have heard that the quagga/zebra mussels clear up the water? are there any in the pudd? i too noticed this past weekend that the water was exceptionally clear.

Heck could be don't think they check the boats for that stuff that I know of.

Kingfish Addict
06-20-2013, 10:37 PM

The pudd has been mysteriously clear for months now. Ive lived near the pudd my entire life and have never seen it this clear. Strange. Havent heard of any mussel issues but its definitely possible...

TUNAVIC
06-20-2013, 11:00 PM
That's interesting that many say they have never seen it "the Pudd"that clear before,I've fished there off and on for about 25yrs plus,from rental aluminum boats when they had them,to my own boats,to shore fishing,and float tubing.
I can remember more than a few of times the water was very very clear,even what they call Gin clear,for instance being in 20-30ft of water and be able to see a beverage can on the bottom and tell you the brand.
Some of these occurrences were long before we heard of quagga muscles or clams or whatever they are called.
So don't fret to much,it will dirty up again.
This fish will turn on again,and the fish will slow down again,the more things change,the more they stay the same.
Just get out there and enjoy the day.

Cya TunaVic

Hometown
06-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Vic I bet you couldnt tell me what brand i am drinking if we were sitting 10 feet from each other getting old
:Razz:
sucks

Trial and Error
06-21-2013, 08:55 AM
The water has been getting clearer and clearer for the past few years now.
Wasn't there an old oil drum found in rv Cove? Allowing the old contaminated water flow out and letting cleaner water from la Verne would make the water clearer.

The fish aren't use to seeing so clearly and can spot any little imperfection in your presentation. Down size and use translucent baits.

TUNAVIC
06-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Vic I bet you couldnt tell me what brand i am drinking if we were sitting 10 feet from each other getting old
:Razz:
sucks Ha! Unfortunately your probably........right,actually I'm at the point of selling my skiff,and using the money for gas in Bubbas boat,he's got a new Robalo,and it sure is fun being 2nd ticket and not hassle with all the rest of the stuff,towing,tow vehicle,vessel assist,equip,ect,ect. Hope to cya on the water soon!

Cya TunaVic