PDA

View Full Version : should the Dodgers fire Don Mattingly

fishfinder
06-18-2013, 09:30 PM
I say yes, and this why. Last year when they were 9 games in first He couldn't even motivate them to come close to winning the division, and this year they are 29th in the league for runs scored. yet they are batting .253 for 14th in the league. pitching they are 13th in the league. A manager that can't keep a team motivated with a 9 game lead sucks. I would fire him a month ago.

cutbait
06-18-2013, 09:35 PM
I would have long ago. Every time Belisario comes in its lights out, well lights out for the Dodgers.

Without even getting into sitting players the day after a great performance or inability to mix up unproductive hitters in the lineup or banish Cruz to hell, his record speaks for itself and is totally unacceptable

fishfinder
06-18-2013, 09:42 PM
I would have long ago. Every time Belisario comes in its lights out, well lights out for the Dodgers.

Without even getting into sitting players the day after a great performance or inability to mix up unproductive hitters in the lineup or banish Cruz to hell, his record speaks for itself and is totally unacceptable

totally right on the money. dont forget to cast your vote cutbait

CL SmooV
06-18-2013, 09:46 PM
Yes......and my man Mike cross town needs the exit too.

MarkyMark
06-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Yes......and my man Mike cross town needs the exit too.

What about him replacing Mattingly?

TroutOnly
06-18-2013, 10:03 PM
No they should not hes got the dodgers right were the giants want them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,

CL SmooV
06-18-2013, 10:11 PM
What about him replacing Mattingly?

No--- Mattingly just isn't a good fit for the blue crew and Mike wouldn't fit either. I would favor Melvin or even Gibson running the dodgers dugout. If Mike becomes the fall guy then Gardenhire would be my pick.

CL SmooV
06-18-2013, 10:12 PM
no they should not hes got the dodgers right were the giants want them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,

preach!!!!

City Dad
06-19-2013, 08:23 AM
While I do subscribe to the "Champions are built not bought" school of thought, I've never felt that Mattingly was manager material. Like, take the time he let Kershaw swing away with the bases loaded, one out. What happened? You think Tony LaRussa woulda let his pitcher ground into a bases-loaded double-play with a decent lead-off guy on deck? It's these little (or maybe not so little) things that a great manager gets right over the course of 162 games that makes as much of a difference as charisma or clubhouse presence IMHO.

MarkyMark
06-19-2013, 08:56 AM
No--- Mattingly just isn't a good fit for the blue crew and Mike wouldn't fit either. I would favor Melvin or even Gibson running the dodgers dugout. If Mike becomes the fall guy then Gardenhire would be my pick.

Scioscia should come back home...Dodgers!

DarkShadow
06-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Mattingly is the best.

He provides the coldest Capri Suns and juiciest orange slices after every game. Plus, it's the players that are causing the downfall, not the manager.