PDA

View Full Version : puddingstone

DangerFishin
06-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Going to uti in Rancho cucomonga, just moved into apts in upland, don't start school for 3 weeks, what's The deal on pudd? Is it free to walk in and fish??? Where's best to fish and what for?

Bass Boy 14
06-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Pudd is proving pretty tough right now. But you can find the bass in sailboat cove and south shore on drop shots and spinnerbaits. The panfish are moving in to spawn soon and they are pretty big. Good luck!

BB

Cartman
06-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Going to uti in Rancho cucomonga, just moved into apts in upland, don't start school for 3 weeks, what's The deal on pudd? Is it free to walk in and fish??? Where's best to fish and what for?
You can park at the park-and-ride and walk in fersure. They charge $10.00 for parking, not for admission. I think panfish are probably biting there now. I'm gonna try to get over there this week to see.

VIVID_FLY
06-18-2013, 06:42 PM
I fished from SWIM beach COve to the high pier on Saturday. Few males BG's were caught on the HIGH PIER by another angler. I saw some empty BEDS in various places, but no fish.

Cartman
06-20-2013, 08:12 AM
I fished from SWIM beach COve to the high pier on Saturday. Few males BG's were caught on the HIGH PIER by another angler. I saw some empty BEDS in various places, but no fish.

I was there yesterday (Wednesday). The stuff growing on the bottom gets on your rig almost every cast. Nobody was catching. I managed 13 BG and 4 key-chain-size LMBs, but I had to wait til after 5:00 to catch them. Seems like fishing was better last year. Is it the water levels or simply the fact that we haven't had consistent warm weather to heat up the water? The weather we're having seems pretty normal for "June gloom."

I*B*CATCHIN
06-20-2013, 12:51 PM
socalcarpclub is having a derby on the 30 th .... how you think fishing will be ....the same or should it get better by then

Cartman
06-20-2013, 08:53 PM
socalcarpclub is having a derby on the 30 th .... how you think fishing will be ....the same or should it get better by then

I was talking with some carpers yesterday, and they were bemoaning the poor bite. Last year when SoCalCarp had a tournament there I don't think they caught but one fish, a 20+# mostly white koi if I remember correctly. They like to fish the shore north of the burnt out pier. Their fishing depends a lot of "feeding the swim" prior to fishing, and I don't know how much opportunity they have to work the lake before their tourney.