PDA

View Full Version : If you want to catch bass its a no brainer

Vargas
06-18-2013, 11:07 AM
for those of you who want to learn to catch bass using different techniques it really is a no brainer, just charter pete marino. all I can really say that i havnt said before is 3 trips over 75 bass caught with 8lbs being the biggest with several 5s and 6s thrown in. enough said

jaque1579
06-18-2013, 01:03 PM
How much is each trip? Just curious.

bass413
06-18-2013, 03:54 PM
No way to candy coat this, but ANY guide trip is expensive.

I have also had the pleasure of hiring Pete, twice. Spent one day at DVL in the early summer, the other at Perris in the winter. Both trips were worth EVERY penny. As I said, they are expensive, but always remember, your not paying for a "day of fishing with a pro/guide." You're paying to LEARN, for him to show you different techniques, why different areas produce that particular time of year, etc. I can honestly say Pete will answer any and all of your questions. He eagerly and happily shared his tournament techniques with me. I then, in turn, used that exact technique a YEAR later to win a small tournament at DVL. I even called Pete the night before the tourney and he gave me more advice on what to throw and where. As soon as the final weights were announced, Pete was the first person I called to thank him. Remember, the stuff he shares with you on that 6 or 8 hour fishing day will help you catch fish for YEARS to come.

If you think the price is to high, just put a small amount of money away after every paycheck and let it grow until you have enough. You won't be disappointed for years to come.

bassgrabber1
06-18-2013, 06:07 PM

I have also had the pleasure of hiring Pete, twice. Spent one day at DVL in the early summer, the other at Perris in the winter. Both trips were worth EVERY penny. As I said, they are expensive, but always remember, your not paying for a "day of fishing with a pro/guide." You're paying to LEARN, for him to show you different techniques, why different areas produce that particular time of year, etc. I can honestly say Pete will answer any and all of your questions. He eagerly and happily shared his tournament techniques with me. I then, in turn, used that exact technique a YEAR later to win a small tournament at DVL. I even called Pete the night before the tourney and he gave me more advice on what to throw and where. As soon as the final weights were announced, Pete was the first person I called to thank him. Remember, the stuff he shares with you on that 6 or 8 hour fishing day will help you catch fish for YEARS to come.

If you think the price is to high, just put a small amount of money away after every paycheck and let it grow until you have enough. You won't be disappointed for years to come.

You are right. Pete will show you what works and how to present it. For those of that haven't been out with him then You should go to Pete's seminar at BPS..one this Sunday...and talk to him. He would be glad to explain the cost and what is included. Pete is one of my Pro Staffers for Broke *** Bass Anglers and knows his stuff.....this will be money well spent.

karalm
06-19-2013, 08:31 AM
So I will "third this" w/ bass413 and the grabber. I started to bass fish again over three years ago when I took a long time off for family and being a full time soccer dad. I used to be in a bass club in the late 70's- early 80's and there was no drop shot, c-rig, bama rig, etc.... then.
I found Pete three years ago and have put all the pennies together several times w/ him to learn all the new info and ways of catching bass expecially at Perris but also went w/ him to DVL on guide trips. Well worth it now as in getting into a new bass club 2 years ago I made the top 10 (tied for 10th) overall last season and so far this year I am 4th overall and most of this has to do with what I learned from Pete. He has taught me the new approaches and places to address. WELL WORTH the $$ if wanting to come up to speed and also catch lots of Bass. He also conductes seminars on some Sat/Sundays at BASS Pro. One upcoming on Sun. the 23rd at 1pm if I remember correctly. Thanks Pete for being the God-Father that I needed to get smart sooner then later.......

Pete Marino
06-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks Vargas...W'eve had some good trips.. but like you said...Your starting to get spoiled...hahhaa

Jaquel..give me a call and Ill tell you all about my trips and discounts I have going... (909) 241-8283 cell

Bass413... thanks bro.."to win a small tournament at dvl"???? You are too freaking humble..hahaha Guys.. the small tournament hes speaking of was the Police/Fire olympics..where He WON THE GOLD METAL!!!!!!! I TOLD YOU YOUD WIN IT!!! I was so freaking proud of you that day!!

Bassgrabber...thanks brother!!

KaralM..thanks bro... keep it up and youll be in top 3 soon enough and youll do it from the back of the boat!!!! Your progress is awesome...keep firing away!!!

Pete

jaque1579
06-20-2013, 07:16 AM
How much is expensive? How much did you guys pay? I've never paid for this type of service before so what's considered expensive/cheap?

DEVOREFLYER
06-20-2013, 07:31 AM
The cost is between $300 to $400 dollars. Take a fellow fisherman and split the cost. It is not a cost it's an INVESTMENT in raising your fishing skills. For about the cost of a day at Disneyland or a good seat at a concert or major sporting event you will have a real "E" coupon ride and the experience and education is PRICELESS. I go fishing with a guide about 3 to 5 times a year and never fail to learn something new. I do two trips a year to Bishop with a guide the first day of my trip to get my head straight on the how, where and what the fish are doing. You will shorten your learning curve and save on equipment that you would have spent money on that is wrong.

etucker1959
06-20-2013, 08:21 AM
If 2 people share the cost it's no more expensive then going on an overnight Saltwater trip.

Pete Marino
06-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Jaquel...as I said.. Give me a call and I can give you an accurate quote on a trip. I have different discounts going i..e.. Millitary, Law enforcement, Senior discounts.. Ive also given discount coupons at BPS during my seminars and I also give an FNN..discount. (one discount per trip only). The price will also vary depending on if you want a 1 or 2 person trip or weekday or weekend... much easier to quote over phone. When all is said and done youll end up paying between $350-$425 Depending on how many people, discount and day... And certain times of year I also discount trips even further depending on time of year and availability. Ive also been known to discount trips "just because" because I love fishing and think more people should experience a good day on the water once in a while. Especially if they have kids, girlfriends or wives etc etc that want to fish..

Pete