PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding newbies wanting to go hooping?

lubemanone
09-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Hey Guys,
I want to go out this season hooping for the bugs, But Iv'e heard that this is a very "No your s*&%t sport" regarding etiquette & form. How does a Newbie learn the ropes without getting in trouble with the regulars & experienced hooper's. Also do you guys frown on newbies altogether? I have have a 16ft. aluminum boat with a 25 hp evinrude, a troll motor and fish finder if anyone is interested in going out this season I'm down and willing to purchase what ever is needed including fuel etc. to learn this sport.
p.s I started going out this season out of long beach and Newport I've been out about ten times this summer and the boat & motor have been running pretty good.
p.s.s the boat in you see in my post is the boat.

pm me if this is something you might be interested in.

lubemanone
09-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Correction:I've been out fishing not hooping, I'm the guy who unfortunately encountered the dead dolphin at long beach break water.

chilibeast
09-14-2007, 06:40 PM
The only way your going to learn is by going out and doing it. You can read as much as you want about different technics and ways of hooping,which is great, but you will come up with your own way by doing it. I think just like anything if you show respect towards others and their equipment while hooping you will be just fine. good luck

lubemanone
09-15-2007, 02:10 AM
Thanks bud!