PDA

View Full Version : fish stories

FishinLBC
06-15-2013, 12:55 PM
So i went out this morning to my local spot fishing was lame like it had been here lately no bait fish no birds nothing, I'm about to say screw it and head to a new ao when my rod goes full bendo After a short but good fight i get this fish to color. After a few short waves i an able to put it on the sand, its an exactly legal hali. Here's the funny part, least week in the same spot i lost an lc during a fish on, when,i flip the fish to get my lure and CPR him what do I find but an extra lip ring in lc 110 sexy smelt. Exactly the lure I lost the previous week.

Now i can only wonder wad that in fact my lure or a nice surprise. Either way I'm going to re hook the lure and stock him in the arsenal.

Excuse the typos my phone makes editing difficult.

bowler
06-15-2013, 07:15 PM
So i went out this morning to my local spot fishing was lame like it had been here lately no bait fish no birds nothing, I'm about to say screw it and head to a new ao when my rod goes full bendo After a short but good fight i get this fish to color. After a few short waves i an able to put it on the sand, its an exactly legal hali. Here's the funny part, least week in the same spot i lost an lc during a fish on, when,i flip the fish to get my lure and CPR him what do I find but an extra lip ring in lc 110 sexy smelt. Exactly the lure I lost the previous week.

Now i can only wonder wad that in fact my lure or a nice surprise. Either way I'm going to re hook the lure and stock him in the arsenal.

Excuse the typos my phone makes editing difficult.
Haha at least you got your lure back.

bachiboy
06-17-2013, 09:04 AM
So does that mean there's only one fish at that spot? Better make sure you release him so that you can keep catching him. :LOL: In all honesty that is a remarkable feat. Thanks for sharing.

LBSea
06-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Last year I was float tubing for Halibut with a friend when both my rods go off. I fight one and pass the other to my friend. I land my legal and his is legal too so I hand him a gaff and he sticks the fish. As I am putting mine on a game clip I hear my friend use a few 4 letter words and find out his halibut had started to thrash about and came right off the gaff.

Here is the good part. The following week I am fishing the same spot all alone when I catch a nice legal halibut. When I get it on my lap I see a big gaff tear in one side. This was my friends fish from the week prior. I took it to him that night and said look at what I found.

bloox8
06-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Wow ...
Thats pretty crazy haha!
You are one lucky man dude and I am sure that LC is officially a lucky LC too :LOL: You should definitely hang on to it as long as you can

562Reefer
06-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Great story! I've been skunking in the LBC. Haven't caught anything good to talk about in this forum. :(

Wingnut
06-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Now that's a fish story... :Shocked: :Big Grin:

Homefish
06-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Wow! That's crazy!
I once caught a rod & reel that I had lost the day b4, but the big'ol carp that had pulled it & the cinderblock hold'n it down off the dock was gone!
Crazy! Nice catch!
Homefish