PDA

View Full Version : Corona June 10th boat

ben0606
06-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Little late but I went out Monday night again. Hooked up on first cast which was a holdover. Awesome fight and he was stuck in the logs but I actually brought my swimbait rod with 65lb braid. Yanked him out good. Not as much fun but hey fish in the boat. A little bit later I get hit hard again for a decent guy. 2 cats before 6pm. Then it was hit here snap there, bite there, fall off at the boat, spit hook and by 8pm I had a total of 4 in the boat. Then for about 10 minutes and 5-6 failed hook sets I get a good hook set and long and behold it was tilapia messing with my mackerel. Nice sized hook too and still got him. At 9pm I decide to move and as I reel in my line that has slack in it, I get slammed with a good stocker with a belly. Got my limit and time to clean up. I got swarmed with bugs a lot harder than last week.

5 cats
6lb fluro and (1) 65lb braid
Frozen mackerel
6-7 ft deep
Underwater logs south end of lake

The fish are there but ya gotta find them and take advantage of the peek hours. Daytime your really gotta work to get so I go evenings. I'm sorry but heavier line is not as fun as reeling in a 5lb cat on 6 lb test in the logs. Talk about strategy.

Go get em cause there hungry.
If ya see me out there feel free to hit me up, red bass tracker. Just please don't go full speed ahead with your 5 hp motor right next to me. I'm tempted to open up my 60 hp and do circles around the next guy who does it to me.

Limits to all,
Ben

Mr T-rex
06-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Good job on the cats.. Looks like you have the lake pretty dialed in

Carptain_Bao
06-14-2013, 12:04 AM
nice cats! the only problem that keeps me away from Corona is the bugs. They are horrible! That place is infested with em! I had horrible experiences doing night tubing in the lake with em bugs floating everywhere, other than it s a good lake to fish! Way to slay em kitties!

ben0606
06-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Good job on the cats.. Looks like you have the lake pretty dialed in

Thanks, hope the report helps.

ben0606
06-15-2013, 05:06 PM
nice cats! the only problem that keeps me away from Corona is the bugs. They are horrible! That place is infested with em! I had horrible experiences doing night tubing in the lake with em bugs floating everywhere, other than it s a good lake to fish! Way to slay em kitties!

Thanks, bugs actually swarmed my whole boat. Couldn't sit down without killing a few fifty bugs. Good thing though is they weren't biting me and weren't Mosquitos so they were tolerable.