PDA

View Full Version : 11 June, Encouraging Day at Seal Beach

PlaneKraZ
06-11-2013, 07:45 PM
My fishing so far this year has been slow and not-very-productive but
today was definitely an uptick and perhaps, a sign of better times to come?
I decided to fish Seal Beach again this morning; I had scored a 24" hali (my first
legal of the year!) Sunday under gray conditions. This morning at SB was a "chamber of
commerce" morning: no coastal "June Gloom", a brilliant sunrise, clean/clear water,
minimal wave action, no salad bar action. Bait fish action was busy with numerous
birds attacking the water, a most welcome sight! :Smile:

Throwing an LC with 15# mono line, I was rewarded with a smelt (? not sure?),
two "mystery fish" hard strikes that fought hard then unzipped, two short halis, and a 21"
halibut (close but not quite a legal :!!!:), all in two hours! I was also "rolled" by a
rogue wave that came out of nowhere, totally unexpected :Shocked:

Perhaps with last week's storms having passed, conditions will continue to improve! Let's hope
so!

PlaneKraZ

SP Dan
06-12-2013, 05:47 AM
Hi ya PlaneKraZ,

You have been hitting the salt diligently and now you are receiving your just rewards my friend! :Dancing Banana:
Congratulations on your legal 24" Hali and all of the other fish action in a short 2 hour session! WTG! :Big Smile::Applause:

Thanx Mr. P for the fish report with pic's! Keep em comin! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

fishshep
06-12-2013, 06:46 AM
MAAAANNN !!!! :Shocked: and I was going to try it yesterday ,instead of north LBC :Confused:

Good to see you caught a good one though , in better conds. :Smile:

bachiboy
06-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Way to go PKZ! Nice job on that legal and the pancakes. Looking at the swell reports during all that rough patch that blew through, Seal was one of the fishable places available. Looks like you took serious advantage of that.:Wink:

Congrats!!!
Don

Wingnut
06-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Very nice, I think Dan was telling me about your 24" legal when I fished with him last weekend.
Keep up the good work out there. :Big Grin: