PDA

View Full Version : They are treating the lake today!

fishinone
06-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Bummer! The fish just started biting!

http://castaiclake.com/announcements.html (http://castaiclake.com/announcements.html)

cutbait
06-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Good looking out Ron..

cutbait
06-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Ron, does it generally effect the fish? I know dosage is a variable but whats your experience with the bite afterward. I was thinking about next Thursday?

fishinone
06-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Ron, does it generally effect the fish? I know dosage is a variable but whats your experience with the bite afterward. I was thinking about next Thursday?

I've seen it move the fish near the surface to the bottom and I've seen the deep bite dwindle for a while. I wouldn't want to make a prediction.

I'm planning to try it Saturday. I'll let you know what I find out.

fishinone
06-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Good looking out Ron..

Loweboat clued me in.

cutbait
06-11-2013, 08:44 PM
What are the chances the boils on the web cam post tipped the scales to treat?..

BTW, thanks Loweboat and why were you not at SF?

loweboat
06-11-2013, 11:35 PM
I did not want to go alone. I advise people not to go to Pyramid weekends in the summer, because of the crowds and possibility of not getting on Pyramid. I like peace and quiet. At Castaic, as you know they keep the jet ski's in a designated area.

Also I belong to the Friends of Castaic a volunteer group. If you attend 3 meetings within 5 months and volunteer at one event per quarter, admission is free to Castaic Lake. It does not matter what boat or vehicle you use. It is the members ID and signature that gets you free admission to the Lake. Check the Castaic Lake calendar for time and place of meetings. I totally enjoy the events and meetings!!! The other perk of the Friends of Castaic Lake is on the weekends in the summer on the lagoon, you are allowed free use of Castaic's kayaks. It's a real bargain!!! Their are no dues. The Friends of Castaic Lake also has a Fishing and Kayak committee. It's great to share common interest with folks. Any questions call Castaic Lake.

fishinone
06-12-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks Dan, and thanks for the heads up on the blue stoning.

TroutOnly
06-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Is that an anti-pyramid commerical i just read,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shame on you dan,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,preference to a lake is a persons choosing ,with fisherman its usally dectated by how good the bite is,or how big the fish are,,,,,,,,,,,

mammoth80
06-12-2013, 08:50 AM
This is my first year fishing LMB and I'm trying to understand the cycles everyone seems to know about - pre/post spawn in spring, weeds in may/june, shad in summer? Now what is blue stoning? What happens in the fall/winter?

Double A
06-12-2013, 09:34 AM
I did not want to go alone. I advise people not to go to Pyramid weekends in the summer, because of the crowds and possibility of not getting on Pyramid. I like peace and quiet. At Castaic, as you know they keep the jet ski's in a designated area.

Also I belong to the Friends of Castaic a volunteer group. If you attend 3 meetings within 5 months and volunteer at one event per quarter, admission is free to Castaic Lake. It does not matter what boat or vehicle you use. It is the members ID and signature that gets you free admission to the Lake. Check the Castaic Lake calendar for time and place of meetings. I totally enjoy the events and meetings!!! The other perk of the Friends of Castaic Lake is on the weekends in the summer on the lagoon, you are allowed free use of Castaic's kayaks. It's a real bargain!!! Their are no dues. The Friends of Castaic Lake also has a Fishing and Kayak committee. It's great to share common interest with folks. Any questions call Castaic Lake.

StriperFest was a blast...

I would advise anyone to go to the Mid anytime they may chose.
Weekday, weekend, spring, summer, fall, winter.

The lake is beautiful, and the staff is Top Notch.
Great people !!!

I WILL see you soon Tammy n Mark.

Just saying

fishinone
06-12-2013, 10:39 AM
This is my first year fishing LMB and I'm trying to understand the cycles everyone seems to know about - pre/post spawn in spring, weeds in may/june, shad in summer? Now what is blue stoning? What happens in the fall/winter?

I'm no LMB fisherman but I can answer the blue stoning question. Blue stoning is treating the water with copper sulphate to reduce algae and weeds. It's essentially a poison harmful to both plants and animal life but the idea is to dose the lake to kill the plants and leave the fish alive. We usually notice some die offs of the shad, possibly because they eat the poisoned algae and possibly because of depleted oxygen. The lakes tend to claim that the die offs are due to depleted oxygen but it's odd how the oxygen depletion seems to coincide with the blue stoning.

loweboat
06-12-2013, 04:34 PM
I have nothing against Pyramid Lake. I know it to be a beautiful place to fish and recreate. The canyons in Pyramid Lake are extremely beautiful and well worth the effort to see and enjoy.
I also know the fishing has been spectacular. I am sorry if I offended anyone.
I always recommend fishermen to Trout Only Guide service. Without you I doubt I would be as successful as I am.
BOB AND RON YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!
Dan