PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Mansa Ponds...Interesting Story

carpanglerdude
06-11-2013, 12:24 PM
If you are a IE ninja angler, you have probably heard about the ponds off Aqua Mansa. Relax, I'm not going to burn this spot because...

...it's been totally drained. Furthermore, the story behind what happened there is kind of interesting and sad. I was talking with the paintball folks down the road and they told me a couple of anglers had been trespassing, fishing the ponds, and gotten shot by the landowner. No, not shot with paintballs, they were shot with the real deal. One of them almost died, but recovered and ended up suing the landowner. Landowner lost, went bankrupt, lost the land, and the county took it over, drained all the ponds. Now, the concrete plant next door is trying to purchase the land.

I'm not sure how much of the above story is factual or not, it's just what I was told at the paintball course. If anyone else has heard what exactly happened, please weigh in with the info. Something to keep in mind.

castle
06-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Wow! I went looking for that place a while back and couldn't find it. Good thing I didn't.

WARRIORMIKE
06-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Wow went there a few times. Suxs to hear.....

Fish Cop
06-13-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm a PO for the City of Colton. Completely untrue. Gotta say, I always admired those pools and wondered.....

carpanglerdude
06-13-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm a PO for the City of Colton. Completely untrue. Gotta say, I always admired those pools and wondered.....

Wow. So much for that. Quite a yarn for that guy to spin. Thanks for weighing in.

WARRIORMIKE
06-14-2013, 11:31 AM
so are the ponds still there or not??