06-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Howdy All!!
Decided to hit the surf today.
Overcast most all day
Water temp around 66
Swells, 2-4 feet
Waves, waist to head high
Medium amount of salad

Arrived at 6:15 to an outgoing low tide. Quite a bit of structure has resurfaced and that’s always a good thing..:Smile:
Started working my way South and I noticed that there were 4 lobster cages on the beach.
I checked them all, which were empty, than put them further up the shore.
I got a perch quible within minutes and I thought this might get interesting.
From the time I got there, till 8:30, I pretty much caught a fish every half hour;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps18d45748.jpg (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/gudgersfishing/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps18d45748.jpg.html)

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsf0c009d6.jpg (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/gudgersfishing/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsf0c009d6.jpg.html)
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps24bea817.jpg (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/gudgersfishing/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps24bea817.jpg.html)

There was one other, about the same size as the others, and no legal for me today.. I also caught a small BSP.
I fished for another couple of hours, for a lost mystery fish, and a couple more perch quibbles.
Today was one of those days where I decided to take off the waders, stretch out on the beach and take an hour nap..
Boy was I refreshed, and I needed it. When I got home, I pulled weeds, mowed the lawn and did some paperwork.

BUT, before I left the beach, I thought it would be in order to get a couple of pictures with the; VETERANS/ROOKIES MVP AWARD!!

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0902a0df.jpg (http://s977.photobucket.com/user/gudgersfishing/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps0902a0df.jpg.html)

There is another picture of myself, holding the award, but PHOTOBUCKET is PHUKING UP!!! sorry …:Angry:

Over all it was a nice day at the beach and the only thing that could have made it better, is if Sheila went with me..:Sad:

Have A Great Week Everyone & May The Lord Bless You,

Robert
<><

p.s. I still think Don should have received the award for most points. Also, it was a team effort!! :Big Grin:

skunked4life
06-09-2013, 07:28 PM
That is why you go the Trophy sir! You are out there fighting the good fight and winning! A fish every half hour? Well now, that is as good as it gets esp[ecially seeing that most of the fish were butts!

May you be continuously blessed in fishing, family and friends!

BTW - please don't get too much sand on the trophy...I intend to hold it someday soon!

Nipple Twister
06-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Awesome, truly truly awesome.......

Thx for sharing Roberto.......cool day

the award pic is biblical... well done ......

PONTOON
06-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Robert,

When you decide to make an assault on a beach there is no doubt in my mind you are going to aquire the target you are after. :Cool:

Congratulations on being chosen to hold the trophy for the "Old Guys" this month...............Sweet victory! :Thumbs Up:

DockRat
06-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Nice trophy.
Good job on the shorties.
DR

Which Way Out
06-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Geezeeee is that first photo of the halibut part Black Sea Bass? Those spots a really cool.

Nice day on the beach down there. Were in the midst of the June gloom. Keep it up Champ.

WWO

bachiboy
06-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Way to go Robert! Nice pancake breakfast, a little nap...makes for a pretty awesome day!:Thumbs Up: Shorts are points this month, so thanks for putting up some numbers again for the Old Guys! Had a nice day on the checkers today but the "rock" fish don't count. Still made for an awesome day out. Glad you were able to get some casts in with all the swells that blew through.

p.s. I still think Don should have received the award for most points. Also, it was a team effort!! :Big Grin:
You deserved it man. You're jailbird was a one in a million catch! Plus, that fish put us out in front for good...that's coming through in the clutch when the game was on the line...my fish was just rubbing salt in the wounds of the Youngin's.:LOL: Arthur and I were talking about it while I was still on my drive back home from SD and we both agreed that it should go to you. Well done!!!:UDaMan:

Go get 'em champ!:Wink:
Don

SP Dan
06-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Roberto my MVP Brotha,

That is one righteous "MVP" Trophy ... Robert!! :Big Smile::Applause:

Thank you .... for all of the hours you spent pounding the salt Sir .... and for the points that you had contributed to the "Ol' :Group Hug: Geezers Fund".

As you should already know .... I am (the Team is, SWAT is) very proud of you my friend! :Thumbs Up: You give "Surf Fishing" a good representation! :Smile:

MAN! .... am I ever glad that we are on the same team! Your 34" Striped Bass; last month, from the surf was phenomenal!

PS ... recently I've been wearing the heavy wet cloak of Von Barren Hook and have added zero points to the Ol' Geezers fund.
Sorry about the no points ... but I'm anticipating a turn-around this month! Game On!!

PSS ... plus a special added thanx to our Brotha bachiboy for leading the way for his team and for his generous point contributions! Thanx Don! :Applause:

Thanx Ol' Geezers ....... we had fun .... but most importantly .... :Dancing Banana::Group Hug::Beer Toast:WE WON!!!!!!!!!! Ol' Guys Rule!! ...................this month.
The youngsters have a lot of good talent on their team!

Thanx Brotha for the Spirit that you add to Surf Fishing! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

skunked4life
06-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Way to go Robert! Nice pancake breakfast, a little nap...makes for a pretty awesome day!:Thumbs Up: Shorts are points this month, so thanks for putting up some numbers again for the Old Guys! Had a nice day on the checkers today but the "rock" fish don't count. Still made for an awesome day out. Glad you were able to get some casts in with all the swells that blew through.

You deserved it man. You're jailbird was a one in a million catch! Plus, that fish put us out in front for good...that's coming through in the clutch when the game was on the line...my fish was just rubbing salt in the wounds of the Youngin's.:LOL: Arthur and I were talking about it while I was still on my drive back home from SD and we both agreed that it should go to you. Well done!!!:UDaMan:

Go get 'em champ!:Wink:
Don

What??? Shorts count now?

Wingnut
06-10-2013, 10:42 AM
What??? Shorts count now?

Somebody needs to read their S.W.A.T. memo, lol :Wink:

Nice job Roberto, that MVP trophy is right where it belongs... :Big Grin:

June Competition Update - As of 6/10/13
Team Veterans - 14 Points
Team Rookies - 3 Points

bbqsushi
06-10-2013, 05:19 PM
That first fish was a beauty Robert!! Too bad she wasn't another year or two older. Sweet pic of "our' trophy too!!! Love it!! :Applause:

And you're right. I think that in my usual rush to get in and out of the surf within the time parameter that I have, I sometimes forget to get the sand between the toes, and just enjoy the Lord's work. Summer is here though, time to turn that around, and take a nap on the beach. That DOES sound SO refreshing.

My Best.
Nate

exfactor
06-10-2013, 08:26 PM
i will be glad when our northern beaches settle down, and the salad bar relocates, for thus far, I have walked wayyyyy further then i usually need to to try and catch a fish. BUT.... I'm still ahead in the wsb department for the time being, and hope to do the repeat soon. Maybe even catch something else exotic. Had to go to Pyramid for my first striper, and managed a few bites there, so all is well. Attitude is everything.

Bob_B
06-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Great report Robert. The flat ones have been hard to come by in my neck of the woods lately. Time to head north I think.

bloox8
06-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Ain't nothing like a nice nap on the beach after a day of fishing :Smile:
You definitely deserve the rest. Its not easy being the most valuable player :LOL:

Thanks for the report

Thien

dlmoo312
06-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Congratulations on the MVP award Robert! :Applause: I'm really diggin the picture :Big Grin:
Sounds like you had a great day overall and managed to put up a few points for the challenge. A nap on a warm sandy beach sounds great right about now :LOL:
Thanks for sharing!

-Daniel