PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 6/8-9

P.A.W.
06-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Two mirror image days. Fog early then clearing. Stripers are moving up and actively feeding. Trolled the rig for fish after fish early. Then on to largemouth after 9:00. Man, the south shore is getting thick with weeds and moss paddies. I tell you it is paradise for frog throwers. I'm just learning this technique so I'm losing way more than I'm landing, but it sure is fun seeing them bust on the frog through the cover. The spinnerbait is also working. This is not a time for big numbers of LMB, but fish quality is improving.

If you don't mind 1-2lb stripers it is pretty wide open with lots of wandering fish and an occasional school here and there.

Hardcor
06-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Nice job P.A.W. way to slay them Stripers ! Any size !

GdHkSet1
06-09-2013, 08:00 PM
PAW,
I may have saw your boat on the south area on saturday, when we motored heading west in the fog we were going above trolling speed and nailed
a couple of those small stripers. Very nice this weekend at skinner, hope to run into next time. R/Vince

Stalker Of Fish
06-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi PAW, great report! It's good to hear things are getting better . I have been away for about a month, have you caught anything above 5lbs this year?
I should be out there Saturday or Sunday how about you ?
Thanks

P.A.W.
06-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Hey Stalker, I keep listening for your Briggs on the water. I have caught stripers over 5 pounds but not for a while. LMB I've got a number of 4 pounders but not bigger, though I have seen 'em. Yah, I intend to be there both Saturday and Sunday.

Stalker Of Fish
06-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Paw , I will see ya this weekend what kind/color of boat do you run out there . You can P.M. that if U want.
I will look for you.

P.A.W.
06-11-2013, 05:21 PM
I'll be in a grey Tracker with downriggers hanging off the side. I'll be wearing a Fedora style hat. I usually have a passenger on Saturday and solo on Sunday.