PDA

View Full Version : Tips for corona lake

Kliston7
06-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Hi guys, me and my buddy are gunna hit corona lake tommorrow, in a boat for some cats... Tuesday we went out of San Diego and brought back about 7 fresh mackerel so hopefully that will help, however we are a bit lost of Where exactly to be fishing? If anyone could give us some advice it would be greatly appreciated

ben0606
06-05-2013, 09:54 PM
If you go north end, hit the under water rocks. If you hit south end, look for structure. Fly line your mackerel and keep it in a cooler on top of ice to keep it from becoming too soggy. If your going during the day hit it up early at opening and don't waste time. When the morning bite shuts off, it shuts off. If you stay out all day, hit your structure but also hit deeper waters which at corona is 17ft deep. Some spots on the north end you'll hit deeper than 17ft but I don't see much more than 22ft.

If you hit evening session, don't waste time during the time when the sun hits the ridge line.

Good luck, and share your trip.

Ben

catfish 17
06-05-2013, 10:39 PM
If you go north end, hit the under water rocks. If you hit south end, look for structure. Fly line your mackerel and keep it in a cooler on top of ice to keep it from becoming too soggy. If your going during the day hit it up early at opening and don't waste time. When the morning bite shuts off, it shuts off. If you stay out all day, hit your structure but also hit deeper waters which at corona is 17ft deep. Some spots on the north end you'll hit deeper than 17ft but I don't see much more than 22ft.

If you hit evening session, don't waste time during the time when the sun hits the ridge line.

Good luck, and share your trip.

Ben

what do u mean by the under water rocks? is that like by the dam or what? because last time i tried the dam right next to the nets and didnt even get a bite there. I've never had any luck by the dam, so i always wonder how people be catching those cats at the dam. I usually catch mines on the south side

Prowler_Tuber
06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi guys, me and my buddy are gunna hit corona lake tommorrow, in a boat for some cats... Tuesday we went out of San Diego and brought back about 7 fresh mackerel so hopefully that will help, however we are a bit lost of Where exactly to be fishing? If anyone could give us some advice it would be greatly appreciated

Good job on the fresh Mack, been saying it for weeks, Ive been getting mine from San Diego too.

Kliston7
06-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Yeah we've been out here since they opened with 2 other boats , haven't seen anyone catch anything, we are all working the far side in te trees, may go out to deeper water soon