PDA

View Full Version : Algae going away. 6-4-13

prankster13
06-04-2013, 04:17 PM
I got to the lake early and was on the water by 6:45. It was cloudy and cool and the water was in the 70's. The algae is going away fast, even at the saddle dam. I started out on the south side of the lake and got into fish right away with the spinner bait. Throwing it on the outside of the grass patches was the pattern this morning. I went all over the lake and caught fish on every stop. Then the sun came out and the blade bite went away so I got the frog out and threw in on top of as many grass patches I could. I had 15 strikes and only one fish on the frog but it was allot of fun seeing those bass blow up on it so many times. No real monsters but I got 12 nice bass by 10:00 am then I had to leave so it was a good day and I even caught a tagged bass. Still don't know what that is all about?41157

bassoholic
06-04-2013, 05:02 PM
I got to the lake early and was on the water by 6:45. It was cloudy and cool and the water was in the 70's. The algae is going away fast, even at the saddle dam. I started out on the south side of the lake and got into fish right away with the spinner bait. Throwing it on the outside of the grass patches was the pattern this morning. I went all over the lake and caught fish on every stop. Then the sun came out and the blade bite went away so I got the frog out and threw in on top of as many grass patches I could. I had 15 strikes and only one fish on the frog but it was allot of fun seeing those bass blow up on it so many times. No real monsters but I got 12 nice bass by 10:00 am then I had to leave so it was a good day and I even caught a tagged bass. Still don't know what that is all about?41157

Yeah whatever.......................

bassmeister
06-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Tags are Tourny fish that have been released, I've caught several in the past.

Matt_Magnone
06-05-2013, 08:20 AM

awesome job man! i can't wait to get on the ribbit bite. boats finally dry so i'll be out there tomorrow. yeah the tagged fish like said above are for fish and game studies. i always make it a point to let them know if i caught one when they're doing the creel studies.

HawgZWylde
06-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Good job prankster. We went to Perris yesterday to avoid the bloom not knowing it had cleared some. As far as the bite over there went, it was almost identical to what you had. The sun killing the blade bite. But it was "on" while it was cloudy. I'm posting a Perris report a little later today. We'll be back at DVL on Friday...

prankster13
06-05-2013, 09:02 AM
That is the fastest I have ever seen a heavy bloom go away. Well it isn't all gone and I'm glad, I caught this nice one up under the algae just to the right of the saddle dam. And I dig the "June gloom" for all kinds of reasons but the best is the morning bite is crazy under it. Top water is starting to go off as well.41190

HawgZWylde
06-05-2013, 09:43 AM
That is the fastest I have ever seen a heavy bloom go away. Well it isn't all gone and I'm glad, I caught this nice one up under the algae just to the right of the saddle dam. And I dig the "June gloom" for all kinds of reasons but the best is the morning bite is crazy under it. Top water is starting to go off as well.41190

If I remember correctly, last year did the same. The water turned a beautiful blue-green color. The turbidity was perfect. The pic in my avatar was taken during that period but the blueish color is not pronounced very well in that pic...