PDA

View Full Version : Fishing options for Oceanside beach. Will be just south south of Oceanside Blvd.

castone001
06-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Howdy all,

I will be staying at Paradise by the Sea RV resort over July 4th weekend and was wondering if anyone has any tips/options for surf fishing for this Surf fishing noob. I really don't wanna sit around and drink cold beer all weekend.....wait? Maybe I do.

Any advice/tips on if the area is even productive or not. Any tips/pointers on what to use will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Chris

jtusmc0311retired
06-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey Chris,
I happen to live in Oceanside area and can tell you that there is plenty of surf areas to fish. All the way up to SONGS (San Onofre Nuclear Group Station) - The Big Nuclear Power plant has some good beach to surf, as well as down to Carlsbad area and if your up for a short drive down to San Diego. Will you have a vehicle available to you (I'm guessing you will), but if not you can always go down to the Oceanside Peer as I have seen plenty of people pull up fish from the surf right around there. Keeping in mind that it gets insanely packed for the 4th of July all over the beaches in So Cal I would highly recommend hitting up the Surf early in the morning before you run out of beach room to walk as well as fish. I was stationed on Camp Pendleton (which borders Oceanside) for a long time and if you want to make the short trip on base they have a few beaches that can produce for you as well.
Good luck fishing and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
JT

snapshot
06-05-2013, 02:54 AM
I was stationed on Camp Pendleton (which borders Oceanside) for a long time and if you want to make the short trip on base they have a few beaches that can produce for you as well.
JT

Wait...whut?

Are you saying citizens can access the beaches on base??

jtusmc0311retired
06-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Lol, yup. Anyone with a valid drivers license can get on base. If your driving through the gate just make sure your insurance and vehicle registration is up to date, assuming they ask for it....But, yes - anyone can get on base...
Enjoy =)