PDA

View Full Version : Catfish Season

Mr T-rex
06-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Which lake do you prefer to fish during cat season ??
Ive been going to SARL lately but not to happy with the results so i want to see what lakes do you guys have luck in ??

Waterdawg
06-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Which lake do you prefer to fish during cat season ??
Ive been going to SARL lately but not to happy with the results so i want to see what lakes do you guys have luck in ??

I don't like fishing next to freeways so I drive out to places like lake Henshaw, where I caught five nice cats last weekend. Good luck.

Kevin

etucker1959
06-10-2013, 09:28 AM
You got three basic choices after SARL. Irvine lake which did an unbelievable stocking this past month. We personaly caught over 30 catfish 5-10 lbs Friday night. The down side to Irvine lake is you really need a boat. Corona lake is nice, but it helps alot to have a boat or float tube. Your last choice is the DFG park lakes. Before you pinch your nose and says that stinks, iv'e tried DFG trout and that's a joke. I agree but catfishing is different, they get the catfish from the same spot as SARL and Corona. They are the same fish and their free. The best part is once you learn the game you can catch a crap load of them. In my home lakes, I am the master blaster of catfishing. However it's not rocket science, iv'e taught women and children the game and they had great results. Good luck on finding your catfish hole that you can call home.