PDA

View Full Version : Successful Weekend in N.O.C.

FishNfry
06-03-2013, 02:10 PM
We got to get out a couple times this weekend finally ended my skunk streak. It was getting pretty impressive how many fish I wasn't catching.:Head Bang:

Anyways we went out Friday afternoon and with the first cast I found the seaweed which is basically like clockwork at this point but i broke free and all of a sudden felt a pretty good tug. Line tight and brought in this nice YFC. This would be the first fish I have tricked on the West Coast as I am originally from Ohio. Been going out quite a bit after seeing all you pros on here!

At this point my partner in crime was pulling some BSP's and ended up with 9 fish on the day. 2 Croakers and 7 BSP's. Went out Saturday and Sunday as well and didn't have as good of luck but we caught a few more. Here a couple more photo ops of the weekend.

Still looking for my first Hali!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Homefish
06-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Congrats on your 1st catch from the surf! I think I was out 6x b4 I
Got my 1st fish!

Soup & Whiskey? Is that what your shirt says? What's the story behind that joint?

Also, are those really small BSP, or does the person hold'n 'em have giant hands?:)

Good job man,
Homefish

FishNfry
06-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks Homefish!

The Goat is restaurant and bar my buddy owns. There is one in Keystone, CO and another in Put-In-Bay, OH. PIB is an island on Lake Erie about an hour west of Cleveland by Ferry. Us Ohioans like to refer to it as the Key West of the north! The Walleye and Perch fishing up there are great if you are ever in the area. The Goat has 5-6 gourmet soups on menu everyday, the best perch tacos in the midwest, and the whiskey tends to flow heavily in the evening with live bands.

Lots of stories from that island.... some good, some bad....haha!

The BSP's were pretty small this weekend. I wish it was the other way around. I did get out yesterday evening around 5 and got a couple more BSP's and YFC's. Also pulled this guy out of the wash. I believe it is a Sargo, but if any one has some info on it please let me know.

Cheers!

skunked4life
06-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Nice fish count. Good to see others posting reports. With the weather getting better and better, the fish should be coming in waves...get it? :LOL: I like that last picture of you standing in a mini rip.

PTN
06-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Nice job FishnFry. You are correct about that fish being a Sargo. Thanks for the report and all the pictures.

-Peter

bachiboy
06-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Way to go on the perch, YFC and sargo! That flattie is coming next. Keep it up!:Wink:

Don

Sonnyyy
06-05-2013, 11:44 AM
gOOD STUFF! I CANT WAIT TO HIT THE SURF AGAIN. IM RIGHT BEHIND YOU ON LANDING MY FIRST HAIL!!

exfactor
06-05-2013, 11:48 AM
gOOD STUFF! I CANT WAIT TO HIT THE SURF AGAIN. IM RIGHT BEHIND YOU ON LANDING MY FIRST HAIL!!
good job sticking with it. We all are encountering some tough days lately, but soon, conditions will smile on our efforts.

Homefish
06-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Odd combo, soup & whiskey, but The Goat @ PIB sounds cool! That Sargo u caught looks pretty cool(I haven't caught 1 of those yet).
Thanks 4 the reports,
Homefish